Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Theatre fan? 'I am my own Wife' at the White Bear in Kennington is fascinating.

MikeyC

Hi all,

I would love to share a fantastic show on at the White Bear Theatre in Kennington (right above the White Bear Pub!).

It's called I am my own Wife - and is about the remarkable life of Charlotte von Mahlsdorf, a transvestite and celebrated antiques dealer who bravely stood against two of history's most oppressive regimes; the nazis and the communists. All the while in her signature pair of heels!

The narrative intertwines elements of personal drama, history, and philosophy to explore themes of identity, resilience, and resistance. The show is a potent exploration of courage under scrutiny, engaging audiences with a singular blend of poignancy, humor, and incisive commentary. All intricately portrayed through the myriad characters performed by Andy Hough. A captivating theatrical experience awaits.

The show is on from the 1st - 5th of August, starts at 7.30pm and costs £17 or £12 for concessions.

You can get tickets and see more information here: I am my own Wife | The White Bear Theatre

IAMOW_WHITEBEAR_JPG_A6_Postcard_FRONT_23JUNE23.jpeg

Hi all,

I would love to share a fantastic show on at the White Bear Theatre in Kennington (right above the White Bear Pub!).

It's called I am my own Wife - and is about the remarkable life of Charlotte von Mahlsdorf, a transvestite and celebrated antiques dealer who bravely stood against two of history's most oppressive regimes; the nazis and the communists. All the while in her signature pair of heels!

The narrative intertwines elements of personal drama, history, and philosophy to explore themes of identity, resilience, and resistance. The show is a potent exploration of courage under scrutiny, engaging audiences with a singular blend of poignancy, humor, and incisive commentary. All intricately portrayed through the myriad characters performed by Andy Hough. A captivating theatrical experience awaits.

The show is on from the 1st - 5th of August, starts at 7.30pm and costs £17 or £12 for concessions.

You can get tickets and see more information here: I am my own Wife | The White Bear Theatre

View attachment 384387
Feel free to engage on the last thread you started

Back
Top Bottom