Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The weather in the USA...

Undertones ? Gordon is a Moron. Classic ditty from a few decades gone by. That is why
Well i got that wrong it was jilted john. Ethel is a Moron. Ok

Tallahassee is 30 miles inland from projected landfall in the "big bend" area.
A lot of big, very old homes surrounded by giant granddaddy oak trees. If Cat 4 winds reach that far inland, it could be an all time level of disaster. A mess. They could be stuck in place for a couple of weeks, cleaning their way out of that mess, clearing the roads, removing massive amounts of tree debris,restoring power, etc.
On the Space Coast, could have Cat1 gusts (75MPH), but more likely 45MPH Tropical Storm winds.... and a lotta lotta rain!

As we're discussing this in the climate change thread...as was predicted years ago...

You should also post this in the "Is it too late?" thread... because, frankly, maybe it is.... Global warming has & will continue to wreak living hell on earth until we DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ..... 😢

You should also post this in the "Is it too late?" thread... because, frankly, maybe it is.... Global warming has & will continue to wreak living hell on earth until we DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ..... 😢
I started teaching about climate change, or global warming as it was then called, in 1983 and well remember taking students through the, then predicted, basic atmospheric physics and consequences of warmer air and the likely impact on severity of cyclones.

Have to admit that combining the real-time media analysis and twitter output of satellite imagery of Helene's development last night was grimly compulsive. The ability to see how the number of mesoscale vortices within the eye-wall decline and pull the wall into a more coherent, tighter core was fascinating. I read today that some of the 'vortical hot towers' or unstable convective cells in Helene's eye wall punched up into the Stratosphere to a height of 63,000 feet. :eek: The real-time explosion of lightening strike analysis of the northern, leading eye wall section was also very interesting and used by the meteorologists to predict the strengthening to Cat. 4.

Back
Top Bottom