Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Northern 2 Step/UK Garage revival

ohmyliver

poppin' like a cork
So, I've been caining Interplanetary Criminal Sets like

There seems to be a bit of a North Western 2 Step/UKG thing which has gone overground enough for oldies like me to clock it. It also seems to be quite Donk/Bounce/Scouse House influenced.

Who else should I be checking?

Last edited:
I'll come back to this in a day or two, because its a sound I really like at the mo. Also a lot of the free party 4x4 fills the same hole for me.

I'll come back to this in a day or two, because its a sound I really like at the mo. Also a lot of the free party 4x4 fills the same hole for me.
Please do, I'm really liking it too. I had a bit of a Garage epiphany at Carnival this year.

that's basically donk/bounce without the cheese, and with a UK G organ riff, which works for me, although I'd love it if it had that clattering shuffle snare thing.

So, I'm still on a Garage, err, thing. Stomping 4/4, clattering percussion, and whomping basslines for the win.

Been liking Bushbaby

and

Skeptic

Jamie Duggan and Booka's edit of Gabrielle's Dreams

Brighton's Southpoint label seems to be on it at the moment

too cheap on Discogs - do me a favour buy one, that'll jack the price up

There is a dub without the shite lyrics, YT aint got it...tek me word Bruv - make me joyous am digging thru the old white labels - need the wedge!!!

So, I've been caining Interplanetary Criminal Sets like

There seems to be a bit of a North Western 2 Step/UKG thing which has gone overground enough for oldies like me to clock it. It also seems to be quite Donk/Bounce/Scouse House influenced.

Who else should I be checking?

Thats grime not Garage geeze

Back
Top Bottom