Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Grand Theft Auto Universe Thread (1997 - Present)

Let nostalgia hit and remember the magnificent universe that Rockstar created for us!
Be serious, be funny, be offensive or just be factual 😂

(Any pending updates, gossip, predictions or trailers can be discussed here!

Rockstar related news, cast and crew discussion is welcome too. All platforms included!

Grand Theft Auto (1997)

Grand Theft Auto 2 (1999)

Grand Theft Auto: London 1969 (1999)

Grand Theft Auto: London 1961 (1999)

Grand Theft Auto: Director's Cut (1999)

Grand Theft Auto III (2001)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2002)

Grand Theft Auto: The Classics Collection (2003)

Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack (2003)

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004)

Grand Theft Auto Advance (2004)

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (2005)

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy (2005)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (2006)

Grand Theft Auto IV (2008)

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned (2009)

Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony (2009)

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (2009)

Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack (2009)

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (2009)

Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition (2010)

Grand Theft Auto V (2013)

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition (2021)

Grand Theft Auto 6 (Unknown)
ecc.jpg

Last edited:
I've played a bit of GTA 1997 and GTA V, but really the only one I got properly into was GTA IV on which I achieved 100% gameplay. I was really into the characters, storyline etc then when you get to 100% after hours and hours it's like they all turn into ghosts saying the same things over and over. Tried the expansion pack to get over it but it wasn't the same. Oh and 45% of that game is just shooting (perfectly still) pigeons 🤷‍♀️

I've played a bit of GTA 1997 and GTA V, but really the only one I got properly into was GTA IV on which I achieved 100% gameplay. I was really into the characters, storyline etc then when you get to 100% after hours and hours it's like they all turn into ghosts saying the same things over and over. Tried the expansion pack to get over it but it wasn't the same. Oh and 45% of that game is just shooting (perfectly still) pigeons 🤷‍♀️
Hello.

Thanks for responding.

GTA lV got really bad press at the time for being so grim and serious but the online play aspect was a new era for Rockstar.

I liked the expansion packs as it was nice to have a different story arc. After playing 4 for so long it was a nice change.

Well done on completing the game!

I adored San Andreas. I'm old enough to remember all the pop culture references etc. The characters and storylines/missions were spot on, the music was good enough just to drive around the game and chill.

GTA 5...I played and was getting into, right until the mission where you have to torture someone. That got to me for some reason so I had to stop playing.

My son plays it a lot and it always looks brilliant.

I’d love them to revisit 60s London but in the current game style.

My son plays it a lot and it always looks brilliant.

I’d love them to revisit 60s London but in the current game style.

If you can source a PS2, have a look at the Getaway games. They're like GTA but set in London. Admittedly the modern (rather early 2000s) era as opposed to 60s but there's plenty Krays references etc

If you can source a PS2, have a look at the Getaway games. They're like GTA but set in London. Admittedly the modern (rather early 2000s) era as opposed to 60s but there's plenty Krays references etc

I had the first Getaway game. I spent more time just driving round London than playing the game! ( not that it had a sandbox mode back then so you often got shot…)

I had the first Getaway game. I spent more time just driving round London than playing the game! ( not that it had a sandbox mode back then so you often got shot…)

I enjoyed the first one but oh my, it was tough. The second one was good fun.

This wait for GTA6 is legendary! I know there have been some clips leaked. No idea when it’ll be released though. In time for the PS7 probably :D

I didn't know there was a Xbox Series X HD verison, just installed and it's so much better :facepalm:

never played it (or most games post 1990 tbh) but I love how looking up pretty obscure tunes on youtube so often there'll be a comment saying "love this tune, heard it on GTA radio"...considering young people barely lsiten to the radio now i think thats a great public service

playing san Andreas unless it on the original playstation 2 is a bit of disappointment

aside from the horrible remaster

they lost most of the radio station and music right after 10 years :(

that game was a blast when you could flick from NWA to soundgarden

Back
Top Bottom