Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

THE FIRST (Hulu) Trailer HD - Mars Astronaut series

editor

hiraethified
MORE Mars drama coming up!

Sean Penn leads an ensemble cast in this near-future drama about a crew of astronauts attempting to become the first humans on Mars. Under the direction of visionary aerospace magnate Laz Ingram (Natascha McElhone), the crew contends with peril and personal sacrifice as they undertake the greatest pioneering feat in human history. All episodes land September 14th, only on Hulu: https://hulu.tv/TheFirst

I’ve had to look it up as I’ve never heard of it. It wasn‘t shown in Germany. Was it good ?
It was. It was quite low budget but this meant they had to concentrate on the script rather than fancy special effects.
It had some great sci fi ideas in the Arthur C Clarke mode.
The end was a bit wishy washy but that's what you get when you commission a second series before the first has aired I suppose

I've just watched the first series. It got off to a good start with the first four episodes, but then the focus on Hagerty's daughter Denise in episode five had me thinking that she was super annoying and it was a waste of an episode. Way too much of an annoying character in episodes 5, 6 and 8.

But what's with...
...the mysterious retro guy with the old school phones and the shaking tables and stuff? Is there going to be a time travel plot twist? Or is it flashbacks to another character's back story, d'you reckon? [\SPOILER]

Back
Top Bottom