Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The difference between a film & a movie is more than meets the eye !

Koknbul

(👁️Д👁️)•*´¨`*•.¸¸. ...
Banned
I always thought that a film was a British name for a movie & a movie an American name for a film, but lately I have begun to look at films & movies differently & from what i have found out (lately) is that there is more than just a difference in words, Old British films for me make me think, they have a hidden meaning, a hidden script that makes me not just watch them but get enthralled by them as I watch them & long afterwards, one of my favorite films is The Card (1952) its a comedy about a smart worker that rises up on the social ladder, Alex Guinness puts in a stellar performance here amongst others & its a film I can connect with, there is a 70 years difference but still I can relate to the plot.

So I started thinking about when films first came out, the silent ones, where it was more related to what you see, body language, expressions etc. & it occurred to me that films are based on feelings & movies are based on emotions, now i am wide open to correction on this as I am just starting to do my research on it, so films & movies are stories & some stories are all film or all movie or a mix of both in different amounts. I'm fascinated about the different mediums in which stories are told, an old story teller sits by an open fire, on a dark winters night, as the household gathers round with eager ears to catch their words & through the art of imagination paints a vivid picture in the minds eye of the adventure.

I'm amazed at the capabilities of the imagination & how anything is possible & how the spoken & written word can transcend time.
There is times when I touch on something deep inside me & I can coax it out of myself into reality & its at those times I feel most alive.
To be able to express my feelings & emotions in a healthy way is something I`d like to be able to do more often & reading, writing, listing, watching & learning is a great way for me to learn different ways to do it, so I'm very grateful for the artists that are able to share there creative expression through all the different mediums to date & with the growing changes in technology I wonder what more mediums the future has in store for us !

Interesting topic. For me a movie is something I used to call a film, but I decided movie is the better word, there being other uses for film. Also I like annoying anti-Americanismists.
I like Movies but I prefer Films

Movies for me are like fast-food, Tasty but not always healthy

Films are more wholesome I find !

Popcorn & chocolate goes well with both 😋

I always thought that a film was a British name for a movie & a movie an American name for a film, but lately I have begun to look at films & movies differently & from what i have found out (lately) is that there is more than just a difference in words, Old British films for me make me think, they have a hidden meaning, a hidden script that makes me not just watch them but get enthralled by them as I watch them & long afterwards, one of my favorite films is The Card (1952) its a comedy about a smart worker that rises up on the social ladder, Alex Guinness puts in a stellar performance here amongst others & its a film I can connect with, there is a 70 years difference but still I can relate to the plot.

So I started thinking about when films first came out, the silent ones, where it was more related to what you see, body language, expressions etc. & it occurred to me that films are based on feelings & movies are based on emotions, now i am wide open to correction on this as I am just starting to do my research on it, so films & movies are stories & some stories are all film or all movie or a mix of both in different amounts. I'm fascinated about the different mediums in which stories are told, an old story teller sits by an open fire, on a dark winters night, as the household gathers round with eager ears to catch their words & through the art of imagination paints a vivid picture in the minds eye of the adventure.

I'm amazed at the capabilities of the imagination & how anything is possible & how the spoken & written word can transcend time.
There is times when I touch on something deep inside me & I can coax it out of myself into reality & its at those times I feel most alive.
To be able to express my feelings & emotions in a healthy way is something I`d like to be able to do more often & reading, writing, listing, watching & learning is a great way for me to learn different ways to do it, so I'm very grateful for the artists that are able to share there creative expression through all the different mediums to date & with the growing changes in technology I wonder what more mediums the future has in store for us !

Back
Top Bottom