Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The current tube map is shit

platinumsage

HaveMyPassword123
The tube map is now officially a badly designed bad map. All the things that made it good have been gradually eroded until we have confusing crap like this:

Do the Overground and Elizabeth line coming from the top right here terminate at Moorgate or Liverpool Street :confused:

Capture1.JPG

What's this station? Yes we know it's Farringdon but would a tourist? It seems like it has no name.

Capture.JPG

Who knew the Elizabeth Line stopped at Shoreditch High Street?

Captu2re.JPG

This Elizabeth Line station doesn't have a name, or is it West India Quay, or Canary Wharf? Could be either, seems 50:50.

Captur3e.JPG
etc etc :facepalm:

The Elizabeth Line station is just outside the main Liverpool St Station , a short walk from Moorgate Station (maybe 5 minutes) .

The Elizabeth Line station is just outside the main Liverpool St Station , a short walk from Moorgate Station (maybe 5 minutes) .

The map shows an internal interchange between Moorgate and Liverpool Street, but it doesn't show what the Elizabeth line terminus is called. This is even more confusing for noobs because you can get a train from Liverpool Street to Moorgate. A rail map that doesn't show station names clearly is shit.

It’s a horrible mess that’s trying to show too much now. Get rid of everything but underground lines, have a separate map for everything else. Just put a symbol next to any station that has connections to a line on the other map.

The map shows an internal interchange between Moorgate and Liverpool Street, but it doesn't show what the Elizabeth line terminus is called. This is even more confusing for noobs because you can get a train from Liverpool Street to Moorgate. A rail map that doesn't show station names clearly is shit.
I have investigated on your behalf 😎 The Elizabeth Line connects Liverpool St & Moorgate stations , you can walk underground between the two. If you follow signs for the Elizabeth Line at Moorgate Station , you get to the Elizabeth Line & meet commuters who have got the Elizabeth Line from Liverpool St Station. They are effectively one Station. I think the same happens at Barbican/Farringdon but I haven't investigated that yet.

Back
Top Bottom