Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Terroist attack in Brussels 16th October 2023

Bingoman

Assuming this is the killer, it looks connected to the Gaza situation.

Shortly after the shooting, a man who claimed to be the gunman released a video on social media in which he claimed to be a member of Islamic State (IS) and a "fighter for Allah".

He also claimed he had carried out the attack in "revenge in the name of Muslims".

One Belgium newspaper said a witness heard the shooter shout "Allahu Akbar" - "God is great" in Arabic - before the shots were fired.

Two swedish Citizens shot down in Brussels and the match between Belgium and Sweden abandoned too?

Not sure if this is to do with what is happening I the middle east or not?

Pls could you edit the date into the thread title

No, but that was what people were very angry about prior to what happened last Saturday (as an aside, there are reports that the person behind those burnings is a former leader of a pro-Iran militia group in Iraq).
I wasn’t even aware of Christian Militias in Iraq, Do you know if they played any part in the anti American resistance ?

"French school stabbing linked to Brussels shooting by suspects' allegiance to Islamic State group"

The murderer was specifically looking for a "History teacher"

The article says he started shooting people on the street at random, and then chased a couple of them into a building. So maybe it was luck of the draw.

Anyone know why Swedes would be a particular target? Brussels shooting: Police shoot dead attacker who killed Swedes
probably because of the quran burnings 2022-2023.

Wonder why they didn’t just go to Sweden to commit their Atrocity instead of waiting in Belgium for the Swedes to come to a Football Match

Did he know that the victims were Swedish? (Not necessarily doubting, but unless they were wearing Swedish shirts or the like, it doesn't seem clear how they were targeted.)

Did he know that the victims were Swedish? (Not necessarily doubting, but unless they were wearing Swedish shirts or the like, it doesn't seem clear how they were targeted.)
Yes, If they were attending the Football game they were probably wearing Swedish shirts

they were supporters in replica shirts. in brussels for the game. seems the guy suspected (& shot dead) spent some years in sweden as a refugee incl serving a prison sentence.

Really? Where is your source he was a refugee in Sweden?
from the abcnews link:

'Jesper Tengroth, a spokesman for the Swedish Migration Agency, told Swedish public radio that the suspected gunman lived in Sweden from 2012-2014 and spent part of that time in prison before being sent to another EU country under the Dublin rules. Tengroth declined to say which crime the man was convicted of or which country he was sent to after completing his sentence.'

The reason I asked is I had just read this

Prime Minister, Ulf Kristersson, at a press conference on Tuesday morning, after two Swedish citizens lost their lives in a terrorist attack on Monday evening.

Here it also emerged that the perpetrator had previously resided in Sweden, but was not previously known to the Swedish police.”
Translated from here:Gerningsmand har opholdt sig i Sverige og fulgte "anti-svenske"

Actually, the danish article appears to be lacking in Information.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom