Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tagalongs/trailerbikes

co-op

But....but cLoWnFiSh....
Any advice on these?

We got one cheap second hand but it's got a really craply designed connector which means the tagalong wobbles quite a lot and tends to settle at a lean which makes cycling the main bike harder and is getting our daughter used to cycling wonky.

But she really loves it so I'd like to get one that actually works - especially that has a reasonably rigid connection between bike and tagalong. Anyone familiar with this problem and/or a better version?

Islabikes make one that has a hitch that joins onto a pannier rack on the parent bike. It uses a swivel with bearings the same as your bike's headset. Expensive but really stable

Was on my phone earlier, this is how it attaches to the parent bike

620677618_323574d235.jpg

There's one on Ebay just now, they're properly expensive new so snap it up while you can

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Islabike-...=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item1e71d0c83d#ht_2086wt_84

If anyone ever comes across a dirt cheap trailer, lemme know, I wouldnt mind one for a little project im thinking of.

Like the trailer ones for carrying things, not for kids.

We used one of those red crocodile trailer things that you connect a kids bike to a grown up bike. It was about £80 and did the job. Most stuff like that holds its value so buying second hand, keeping in good condition and selling on can be an economical option.

Islabikes make one that has a hitch that joins onto a pannier rack on the parent bike. It uses a swivel with bearings the same as your bike's headset. Expensive but really stable

Thanks for the advice - that ebay one went for £163! Islabikes keep their value.

I got lucky as Burley (it's called the Burley Piccolo) also make one that attaches to the rack and I got one second hand - they're £300+ new!!

BUT - my god are they better than the seat-post hitched ones. I'm well-pleased with it. I'd really recommend anyone getting a tagalong to go for the rack-based hitch. Frankly the one I had before was just plain dangerous and shouldn't be on sale.

Back
Top Bottom