Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strange French laws

I'm pretty sure that the claim of 70% of music played on radio must be by French artists is an exaggeration. IIRC it's 40%.

Yup the swimming trunks and snapping coppers, can't ad to that other than you have to have a photo on your CV which my ex who was Haitian cited as aiding racial discrimination.

I'm pretty sure that the claim of 70% of music played on radio must be by French artists is an exaggeration. IIRC it's 40%.

Does the law not also state that it has to be in the French language rather than by French artists? Istr one of the larger radio stations (possibly NRJ) complaining because a lot of the French-produce music they had on their playlists was dance music.

My cousin's Dad lives in France and he complained there was a lot of generic euro-dance music on the radio :D

I knew about the ketchup and the radio.

There's quite a few policies in france intended to protect french culture isn't there? Like child names. My uncle lived in France with my Aunt (who is actually French) and they wanted to call there son "Arthur", so had to apply for permission as its not on the name lists, and they were allowed, but the pronunciation had to be specified by them.

Same thing for Arthur's son now, he wanted to call him Nathan.

There's quite a few policies in france intended to protect french culture isn't there? Like child names. My uncle lived in France with my Aunt (who is actually French) and they wanted to call there son "Arthur", so had to apply for permission as its not on the name lists, and they were allowed, but the pronunciation had to be specified by them.

An old French teacher of mine had the same. Her name wasn't on the list and her dad said he wouldn't give her a name at all if they wouldn't let them call her Chloe so they did in the end.

i'm told that's only permissible if you then give them a middle name connected with a cereal crop

An old French teacher of mine had the same. Her name wasn't on the list and her dad said he wouldn't give her a name at all if they wouldn't let them call her Chloe so they did in the end.

that's major pedantry on their part considering "Cloé" (french version) is all but 1 letter different.

My cousins name has to be pronounced "Ar-toor"

And his son (my second cousin?) had to be "Na-tan"

Back
Top Bottom