Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Stock photo agency creates 100% AI-generated stock photos of people

editor

hiraethified
Goodbye model release forms and paying models!

AI Generated Stock Portraits

VAIsual’s CEO Michael Osterreider believes that synthetic content — photography that is generated by algorithms — are the future of the stock photo industry. He estimates that within the next five to 10 years, 95% of all images will be AI-generated media.

“Our portrait library contains an ever-growing volume of diverse faces, ages, ethnicities, and genders,” Osterrieder said. “We are aggressively working on our next phase of development and will shortly begin generating full-body images of humans.”

Just been over and taken a look at his work (he has done Disney characters as real people as well) Clearly the man is very talented, his rendering of what the Mona Lisa would look like is a dead ringer for one of the other teachers at Mrs Q's school.
She teaches Art I believe (cue the spooky background music)

Do you know he's not creating these directly? He's trained an algorithm to do it. Still requires skills, of course, but it's not artistic talent in the usual sense.
I didn't know that, Clearly they have been produced via software rather than a physical painting but I assumed he was doing the work via a digital tablet or some such.

I wonder what the training library was for the AI? Could be an interesting case down the line as the photos/likenesses will have some basis in reality.

I wonder what the training library was for the AI? Could be an interesting case down the line as the photos/likenesses will have some basis in reality.
There have been lots of other projects like this over the years. Some of them tell you how they were trained, etc

This Person Does Not Exist - refresh this for a brand new, never existed, nor seen before face, every time.

And how they did it:

There's plenty of others in a similar style, collected here: This X Does Not Exist

Some good ones:

Reminds me a bit of this thread

Oh blimey...

So: quick quiz - which of these photos is real and which are fake?

real-deepfake-faces-800x420.jpg

a-second-image--800x420.jpg

Research reveals that artificial intelligence (AI) generated deepfake faces look more real than genuine photos.

According to the study, people cannot reliably distinguish photos of real faces and images that have been AI-generated.

As AI deepfake technology, like “generative adversarial networks” (GAN), become more widely available, fake “photos” could erode social trust and change the way people communicate online.

They're all fake!

Back
Top Bottom