Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Station idents

story

Changing the facts
I'm so very glad they've changed the BBC One idents.

I wasn't just bored of the old dancing ones - I actively disliked them.

Well the skeatboarding one was okay I suppose.

I like the BBC2 idents, and the Channel Four ones are great - witty, understated and eyecatching.

Uknova have a compilation of all 13 Ch4 "moving objects" ones.
I will download :)

The old BBC2 ones were better, IMO. Would like to get those on dvd as well.

Crispy said:
Uknova have a compilation of all 13 Ch4 "moving objects" ones.
I will download :)

The old BBC2 ones were better, IMO. Would like to get those on dvd as well.

Remind me, Crispy, please?

the BBC2 ones were lovely. especially the ident dropping into a big pile of white powder. that was really graceful and pleasing :)

What I fucking hate is having the logo up in the top corner throughout whole programme. Obviously they do it to cut down on piracy by it's very irratating.

Dubversion said:
the BBC2 ones were lovely. especially the ident dropping into a big pile of white powder. that was really graceful and pleasing :)

Dubversion said:
the BBC2 ones were lovely.

Indeed

A cameraman aquantence of mine worked on a lot of those. I remember him saying at the time how much they enjoyed making them & how he was really proud of them.

:cool:

stavros said:
What I fucking hate is having the logo up in the top corner throughout whole programme. Obviously they do it to cut down on piracy by it's very irratating.

Its not for piracy, its for 'brand recognition' which is even more annoying

The new C4 ones are brilliant on many levels (I like the fact they have 'daytime' and 'nighttime' ones and it's a very adaptable format).

I can't say that new BBC1 ones have set my world on fire yet, but then I haven't seen that many of them.

The old BBC2 ones were pretty iconic as well :)

Not an ident as such but Five seemed start off the little trend of matching words appearing on screen with a voiceover, which is a lovely simple-but-effective technique - I find it kind of hypnotic.

Worst ever idents have to be the ITV prancing-celebs :mad:

I like the channel 5 ones where words are formed in lower-case arial in natural settings - lightning , forests etc.

Back
Top Bottom