Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

St Pauls Carnival 2018. 50th Anniversary. 7th July.

I'd absolutely love to go to this, we absolutely raved about it in 2014 :) :cool: -- glad it's back :)

But we and friends are already committed to being on the ale and cider trail in Hereford** ( :) but also :( )

Beer on the Wye -- mega ale/cider fest

Last edited:
A very slim chance. We were looking to go away in the van for the weekend, but if that goes to fuck then St Pauls (or maybe a free party up the hills)

Happy carnival day everyone :) If you see me say hello, I will likely be at Negus Melody for a lot of the day, wearing a yellow channel one t-shirt and a wide brimmed hat.

Too hot! I got really excited about it, got there about 1600 and just had a complete change of heart really- more to do with my head space on top of the heat and a newly aching body- just did not have the same energy that I had in 2014- which really really upset me. It seemed much emptier then usual due to people watching football, filled up again later.
Bumped into a few people I had not seen for a decade or more- that and a good dance are the aim for me. Sadly did not get the dance:(

Found a guy who had been mugged, punched in the nose and head , put him in recovery position, he then started vomiting while someone else called an ambulance, tried to do some neuro observed on him but he was too out of it, hard to tell if it was from being pissed or having a head injury. His vomit indicated he had drunk a lot on an empty stomach. Other people arrived to wait with him so I continued. Some people passing by were total cunts, others helpful.

The rubbish was phenomenol :(. All the sound systems shut down at 2200 and partying moved to various clubs round the city having after parties.
For me I was deeply disappointed - but that's more to do with my own stuff.

It was an excellent return to form, for me. Negus was awesome.

yeah it was too hot, but there was a tree for shade at Negus :)

I didn't see much dodginess at all, except for a sound system hidden in front of a house behind some foliage that was running for a bit after 2200. The police seemed to try and get into the building but couldn't, then hung back for it.

Shout out to you for looking after the unfortunate guy who had been mugged :( hope he's alright now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom