Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Squat parties in London

gusthgr

So I recently moved to London, and heard there are those squat parties, which seem to be fun (unlike the overpriced clubs that close at 3 am). Does anyone know where can I find information about the upcoming ones? Everything I find online is about parties that already happened. I dont know many people here yet (and the ones I know probably couldnt give me that information) so get this info by "word of mouth" is pretty hard for me.

Any bets on which banned returner it is?

Sorry? I'm pretty sure i never used this forum before. I'm actually new in UK and was looking for active forums about urban life in London, and i found this one. And i'm not even asking for indications of clubs, if you read my post well i'm asking for where to find this information).

Sorry? I'm pretty sure i never used this forum before. I'm actually new in UK and was looking for active forums about urban life in London, and i found this one. And i'm not even asking for indications of clubs, if you read my post well i'm asking for where to find this information).
Oh stop it, you're making me feel dead young. :oops:

Well try this february 'legal' party up in Willesden: Bassface

No one is going to give away underground info here. If you have to ask you ain't there ! (yet)

Well thanks for the info! I understand how risky is to put those things online, but like I said I have no idea where to find those parties and don't know people to ask this haha. But I hope I get into those before I go back to Brazil in the end of the year. Back in Brazil most parties go until 6 or even 10 am and they are legal, so I got kind of upset when I came here and found out how hard it is to find a late party.

I'm not sure if they are still active but the Malfaiteurs are a french crew who put on squat parties in London...

Well thanks for the info! I understand how risky is to put those things online, but like I said I have no idea where to find those parties and don't know people to ask this haha. But I hope I get into those before I go back to Brazil in the end of the year. Back in Brazil most parties go until 6 or even 10 am and they are legal, so I got kind of upset when I came here and found out how hard it is to find a late party.

Finding a legal party that goes to 6 is very, very easy. Look at any club listing.

Baby-squat.png

What music do they play in brazil at these parties? Plenty of wanky tech-house parties in London that go on until stupid o'clock, quite a few afterhours E.G: Jaded, which is pretty fun for sunday morning/afternoon no-nonsense techno, plenty of quality 10-6 house/techno/dnb/bass/grime/whatever parties, esp if you can get in on earlybird tickets. check Resident Advisor for event listings.

Psy trance/acid techno, no idea, never really been into that scene. But if your mind and body inclines towards the funk then london has you pretty well prepared.

you've found it hard to find a late party? there's about 456008989800 doos/clubs/raves that go on until well past 6am and then plenty that start at 6am.

What music do they play in brazil at these parties? Plenty of wanky tech-house parties in London that go on until stupid o'clock, quite a few afterhours E.G: Jaded, which is pretty fun for sunday morning/afternoon no-nonsense techno, plenty of quality 10-6 house/techno/dnb/bass/grime/whatever parties, esp if you can get in on earlybird tickets. check Resident Advisor for event listings.

Psy trance/acid techno, no idea, never really been into that scene. But if your mind and body inclines towards the funk then london has you pretty well prepared.
There's a jolly good Bitchin' Radio Show about some people who put on parties in Brazil. Apparently too much lively music and man dem bring out the Gat.

Find the closed groups on Facebook and try and get an invite.

Avoid the ones that day '2,000 confirmed attending!!!!!' cos it will be full of teenagers listening to jump up doing research chemicals. Basically a daily mail article waiting to happen.

Lets see em!

I don't want to be that mean, they did apologise, coupled with a rant about places like liquid and envy being the only places to go out in London.

I gave the. A list of decent london venues, and told them that they will find info about squat parties on the Internet, but they'll be shit, and to go to decent London venues and events and get talking to people....

Fair play I think.

Back
Top Bottom