Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sports Personality of the year

hash tag

Reaching out
Rio has thrown up some great personalities and champions and there is still time for more.
Is it possible that this years SPOTY will be a British Olympian, if so who?
Possibly Amy even....
th

The games will soon be over and we'll be back to millionaire footballers and tax-dodgers in racing cars. Hope Max wins though :cool:

Last edited:
I think Trott is a good shout. Medalists always do well, plus there's the romance (of which she is the more 'personality' of the two).

Laura Trott is also the most medalsome - :D - British woman Olympic athlete of all time. Which is pretty big for someone who's 24.
Not many people are the best in their country's history at any sodding thing at all in their whole entire life, let alone when they're 24.

Laura Trott is also the most medalsome :)D) British woman Olympic athlete of all time. Which is pretty big for someone who's 24.
Not many people are the best in their country's history at any sodding thing at all in their whole entire life, let alone when they're 24.
This is also a very good point!

Murray won Wimbledon and Olympic gold this year, just like when he won SPOTY in in 2012. Jus' sayin'... ;)

(I don't think he'll win again, having won it last year too.)

Wales should win team for their mighty efforts of reaching the semis of the Euros through team spirit alone.

They won't though.

I am sure that Laura and Jason will be showered with various things for the next year or so, as for SPOTY, she is a cyclist and a woman, though she is good at the tears as well :thumbs:

I'm kind of torn as to who should go where really. I can't believe Chris Froome hasn't ever been in the top 3 and he's now won 3 Tour de France. That is surely deserving of a podium by now. And It would be nice to see Laura Trott up there winning because she really deserves it too. And we haven't had a woman win in 10 years, and then Max Whitlock? I think he deserves his rightful place up there too. They have all broken records and should be recognized.

Amy Tinkler deserves the young award without a doubt. Hands down.

The team award could (and maybe should) go to the Olympic Cycling team, but then Leicester were also amazing, so probably they'll get it? I'd give the overseas one to Simone Biles. And the lifetime to Michael Phelps. OK so.. in my version of the world:

SPOTY to 1. Laura Trott 2. Chris Froome 3. Max Whitlock

Young SPOTY to: Amy Tinkler

Team SPOTY to: Leicester City FC

Overseas SPOTY to: Simone Biles

Lifetime achievement: Michael Phelps

Steve Davis for lifetime achievement, having retired this year to go off and do other interesting things.

Back
Top Bottom