Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Spore

Kid_Eternity

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Coming out in September apparently. On most formats too including the DS, internet fun will no doubt play its part in the games fun.

_44423662_spore-eamaxis203.jpg

Spore, the long awaited creation of gaming legend Will Wright, is going on sale on 7 September.

Begun in 2005 the eagerly anticipated game was originally expected to be on shop shelves in 2007.

Development problems delayed the ambitious game which lets players take creatures from their unicellular origins to the conquest of space.

The game will be released worldwide and will be available for the PC, Mac, Nintendo DS and some mobile phones.
Official website.

Sweet - didn't realise they were making a Mac version.

Always preferable to play it native rather than from XP/Boot Camp

:cool:

I've been looking forward to this game for ages. Partly for the game but mostly for the reaction from Fundie Christian types who think it spreads the evil lies of evolution!!!

Intelligent Design believes that life was designed as is and was just put into existence, so I think spore is more 'directed evolution' rather than Intelligent Design. It still shows the life being 'evolved' through stages.

Sweet - didn't realise they were making a Mac version.

Always preferable to play it native rather than from XP/Boot Camp

:cool:
It's actually just running in an kinda-emulated windows environment (like WINE on linux) so it's not really a proper port. But WANT!!! all the same. I doubt I'll have much fun with the RTS and Civ bits, cos other games do that better, but I am so going to build things and creatures :)

It's actually just running in an kinda-emulated windows environment (like WINE on linux) so it's not really a proper port. But WANT!!! all the same. I doubt I'll have much fun with the RTS and Civ bits, cos other games do that better, but I am so going to build things and creatures :)

Well it's this "cider" wrapper thing isn't it?

It is reported to work exceptionally well, with no real performance overheads neither, which certainly bodes well for seeing more games on the Mac this year.

:)

Me too, I didn't realise that it was on the DS as well. :D :D

Wonder if it would be ported to the Wii as well.

Don't want to wait till September though, waited long enough already!

the ds and wii versions are quite different games compared to the pc version

Messing about with the creature creator last night was pretty fun. The full game looks awesome. Should we start posting links and videos to our creatures on this page?

Bit annoying they keep putting the date back. I have joked with a friend that there is no game and its just a PR excersize

Dammit my PC meets the minimum spec for the creature creator and it won't run! Every time it starts then just quits.

Arrgh, I wanna make monsters!

:(

Been running it on my Macbook just fine!

:)

Still annoyed they haven't released the full version as a download for the Mac yet.

Been having endless fun with the creature creator. Will definately buy the game this week :)

Yup!

It is surprisingly deep really.

Would be nice to be able to tweak the body a little more - for example, being able to flatten it out along the horizontal plane and pull/mould details on other parts as well as on the spine. I wanted to make a mattress creature.

:(

Still - jolly good wheeze so far, even though some of my more outlandish creatures tend to freak out a bit during movement.

iz got spore ( full version ), well only single player , cant go on-line but its a very very charming little game anyone else spored yet ?

Oooh - take it the *ahem* evaluation copy is available from all the usual places?

Doesn't not being able to go online break a lot of the core gameplay though?

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom