Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Spinal Tap II

The team did a film about the short lived folk/pop scene (forgotten the name of the film) which I remember enjoying.
Not many comedy films have been funnier than the original Spinal Tap.

I'm not hopeful. I fear it will be another Blues Brothers 2000 😟
Theres loads of terrible sequels but reasons to be hopeful are
-they still do their characters to perfection (see video in OP)
-Christopher Guest seems to be about quality over quantity and has a very solid track record (rob reiner less so, but...)
-I dont believe they would do it if it was looking shit (whereas Dan Ackroyd by 2000 believed in UFOs and was long gone)

Interview with Derek Smalls from this summer

Theres loads of terrible sequels but reasons to be hopeful are
-they still do their characters to perfection (see video in OP)
-Christopher Guest seems to be about quality over quantity and has a very solid track record (rob reiner less so, but...)
-I dont believe they would do it if it was looking shit (whereas Dan Ackroyd by 2000 believed in UFOs and was long gone)

Interview with Derek Smalls from this summer
Totally agree.
I'm quite hopeful.
It's a mockumentary - not expecting any major plot lines!
Assuming that they will be sticking to the improvisation format - all very talented.
Looking forward to it..
We'll always have the original if it's a complete disaster!

Totally agree.
I'm quite hopeful.
It's a mockumentary - not expecting any major plot lines!
Assuming that they will be sticking to the improvisation format - all very talented.
Looking forward to it..
We'll always have the original if it's a complete disaster!
As long as the oft heard, but nonsensical, claim "the original has been destroyed/ruined" isn't deployed when the film inevitably doesn't live up to the standards fans will have built up in their minds...

It's a very blokey film, beloved by blokes of a certain age who get quite irate when younger people just don't get it/relate to it.

It might be a bloke film for men of a certain age, if others don’t like it nobody gets irate about that.
Some people like Star Wars but after seeing the first one I don’t care for the franchise but understand others do.
Nobody has ever been irate with me for my indifference.

Back
Top Bottom