Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Soviet Arcade Machines

Note that Cmrd Khruskev and the glorious Soviet Union produced Silent Scope long before the capitalists

Snaiper:

1418889908032505008.jpg

Silent Scope (amazing at the arcade, shit on Dreamcast with a gamepad):

Silent-Scope-Upright-Large.jpg

Do we have anywhere like this with the old school stuff? Modern arcades are shit.
I know an old snooker hall and pub in northampton that still keeps late 90's early 2000 machines in the 'kids' area with the pool tables. They've still got Time Crisis :cool:

On the subject of soviet arcade machines I had a play on this when I was in Berlin a few months back:
29m3t3k.jpg

Ever wanted to know how the commie bastards spent their youth? Well, unlike you western Coca-Cola drinking, mcdonalds burger munching bastards, they didn't spend their times in the arcades... because arcades weren't allowed... and hence so was arcade equipment.

However, in one sector of the communist territory, there was a mild blip, where coin operated videogames had a small market.. and thus was born, the only coin-operated communist party approved video game.. With styling 30 years out of date, and technology perhaps 10 years aout of date, the Poly Play came into being!

The previous owner of this machine in East Germany knows of only one more machine still in Germany. There is a page listed in the links section that shows a picture of another machine, but it differs from my machine. I was told that because the machines were hand built, and things were not always readily available, they used anything they could lay their hands on, and so the machines did differ from one to another. If approximately 1000 machines were built, all but 40 were collectively dismantled. And as such, today, there only appears to be 2, possibly 3 machines left... a wonderful example of communist oppression and/or style!!
Poly Play Information

Back
Top Bottom