Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

South London rush hour driving routeing question

teuchter

je suis teuchter
so I need to drive from near Queen's Road Peckham to Herne Hill, Kestrel Avenue to be specific, tomorrow morning between about 8 and 8.30. speed is of the essence.

The route I'd usually take would just be Peckham-Camberwell Green-Denmark Hill-Herne Hill but I am a bit concerned by he fact that Peckham-Camberwell often seems to be really clogged up with traffic at that time.

Is there some other route that would be a good idea and give me a better chance of completing my mission within 20 minutes?

If it's too complicated that's no good because the risk of me taking a wrong turn and messing it up will be not insignificant.

What about up to peckham rye, keep on the right hand side of the Rye, turn right up Barry Road, cross Lordship Lane. Right onto Court Lane and into Dulwich Village. Then one of the side roads from there?

so I need to drive from near Queen's Road Peckham to Herne Hill, Kestrel Avenue to be specific, tomorrow morning between about 8 and 8.30. speed is of the essence.

The route I'd usually take would just be Peckham-Camberwell Green-Denmark Hill-Herne Hill but I am a bit concerned by he fact that Peckham-Camberwell often seems to be really clogged up with traffic at that time.

Is there some other route that would be a good idea and give me a better chance of completing my mission within 20 minutes?

If it's too complicated that's no good because the risk of me taking a wrong turn and messing it up will be not insignificant.

Before 8 it is never that bad. It starts getting clogged from about 8:15 and it's downhill from there.

EDIT: But yeah side roads might be best.

Even if not rush hour, your route is all round the houses. Why would you trouble Denmark hill and camberwell at all? Peckham rye down to goose green roundabout, left onto lordship lane then right onto east dulwich grove. Follow that to the end, straight over at the north dulwich crossroads and then you'll hit half moon lane, which is herne hill.

From the back of Peckham rye to half moon lane takes 10-20mins, even at rush hour. Going through nunhead to queens road peckham couldn't be more than another ten.

Back
Top Bottom