Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

South African mercenaries spread HIV in 80s & 90s

RileyOBlimey

Or so it is alleged in a documentary. It was released a couple of years ago but I couldn’t find a thread referencing it.

Have there been further investigations? Any more details emerged?

Graun article on the allegations:

…and documentary:

Does this mention the idea that HIV was a CIA bioweapon? Because that claim was shown years ago to be a KGB disinformation campaign.

But the Sath Efricans did have a bioweapons programme, that was admitted to at the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.

I'm not going to watch the documentary (I set aside this evening for scratching my backside), but my guess is that it's the work of conspiraloons who got hold of a few partial truths and then worked it up into one of their usual grandiose fantasies. Or maybe I should watch this thing?

Does this mention the idea that HIV was a CIA bioweapon? Because that claim was shown years ago to be a KGB disinformation campaign.

But the Sath Efricans did have a bioweapons programme, that was admitted to at the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.

I'm not going to watch the documentary (I set aside this evening for scratching my backside), but my guess is that it's the work of conspiraloons who got hold of a few partial truths and then worked it up into one of their usual grandiose fantasies. Or maybe I should watch this thing?

Yea, I think you should watch it. The content is interesting and potentially explosive. However, the style is…curious.

Back
Top Bottom