Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shadowrun returns

Now i've had my eye on this for a while but only just got round to buying it and only started playing 7 hours ago

7 unbroken hours of gameplay which felt like half an hour

i'm only talking with you now cause it crashed when i alt tabbed out of it to check the time as i had noticed the sun had gone.

I was worried that i might just plow through this going from quest to quest like in MMOs. I needed have worried i really liked the world and wanted to read all the dialog.

really good game so far. only one mission but you can get a bunch more through steam workshop and there is another official one out in january

this has me hopeful for wasteland 2 which i helped kickstart.

Ok so in the end the game lasted 14 and a half hours. it probably should have lasted a bit longer as i cheated on the last two areas. man they were practically impossible. i may have ballsed up the loadout as only two of the characters had a special item. having only two of the item makes the last two areas nearly impossible. i'm not sure if you're only given two or i messed up when setting up the party.

the game costs £14.99 and at about a pound an hour i think that was a good value game. i also haven't yet tried out the fanmade content.

The campaign feels both quite long and at the same time too short. the initial story hook only really takes you about half way through the campaign and the story manages to ramp up the action quite well. the thing is at the end of it all you have managed to build a cool character and you really want to be able to do something with them.

i'm going to check out how the character import works with the steam workshop stuff.

Ok charactor import works just fine and there are a load of extra fanmade campaigns. however so far the quality is so-so. i got two so far and the first was ridiculously short. it was means to carry directly on from the main story but the tone wasn't the same. it also suffered really badly from the random japanese word thing. the second one is quite long and has fairly good combat but man the dialogue is... rough. full of text speak. plus you can't really roll play as your character's dialogue is kinda set. might make it a bit odd bringing an established character in just to see them act this way. RPing in these games is kinda limited to class build already but the main game managed to give you enough choices in the dialogue to feel like you had a particular type of character you were playing.

i got "Payback is a Slitch" and "The daily life of a shadowrunner" but next time i'm going to get something of the most popular of all time list.

Waiting for the iPad version. BIG fan of the original SNES version, and used to play the role play too. Can't wait!

Yeah. It's like the Maltese Falcon in a dystopian Japanese-influenced future.

So Blade Runner, basically. But with Elves and shit. :oops:

Yeah. It's like the Maltese Falcon in a dystopian Japanese-influenced future.

So Blade Runner, basically. But with Elves and shit. :oops:

Yup Blade Runner with Elves and Orcs is EXACTLY how a mate first sold the idea to me twenty odd years ago...!

Right how do I use riggers? I hire them and then I can't use their drones.

And what's the point of hiring deckers? I never seem able to use them to hack stuff. It just uses my skills.

Right how do I use riggers? I hire them and then I can't use their drones.

And what's the point of hiring deckers? I never seem able to use them to hack stuff. It just uses my skills.

if i recall correctly there is a button on the drone weapon tab (bottom left of screen when rigger is selected) that you switch (which goes from red to green...?) it allows you to control the drone. Each drone controlled reduces the rigger's movement, presumably because he is buy operating his toys :)

As for using deckers, it should switch between your character and the decker, giving you access to the deckers skills/programs.

I didnt have any issues using either, so hopefully ive answered your questions!

if i recall correctly there is a button on the drone weapon tab (bottom left of screen when rigger is selected) that you switch (which goes from red to green...?) it allows you to control the drone. Each drone controlled reduces the rigger's movement, presumably because he is buy operating his toys :)

Oh, OK. I tried clicking that. There's a button marked "off", so I double tapped it, tried to slide it -all sorts. Maybe it's just messed up on the android version?

Anyway, I finished it. I think I preferred the first half of the game, but it's all good. I want to start it again now as a different type of character, which is probably a good sign.

I failed one mission cos I left myself out in the open in front of two auto turrets at the end of a turn but otherwise it was fine.

Shippou-Sensei
If you take the elven special forces guy you get another Aegis weapon for the last mission

I think the first half of the story was much more story focused. the second half seemed more combat focused.

the second half wasn't bad or anything it just felt a bit more like going from fight to fight rather than exploring a story and world.
tommers
That would have helped. those damn things take like two or three shots to kill and could only get like 4 shots a round in due to my party type. given that they regenerate in a single round and i was getting a lot of misses even with my ranged weapons exper street samurai i simply couldn't take on more that one or two bugs at a time. i'm guessing i needed to go down the boosting ap route but that wasn't the kind of party i had been using up to that point.

I think the first half of the story was much more story focused. the second half seemed more combat focused.

the second half wasn't bad or anything it just felt a bit more like going from fight to fight rather than exploring a story and world.

Yeah, couldn't agree more. First half film noir, second half xcom.

Both of those are good obviously but I really liked the setting and world in the first bit.

Looking forward to the next one in January. :)

me too

i do need to check out more fan content too i just havn't had a chance to sit down and commit to abother big game

how long did the main story take you? i did it in about 13-14 hours.

again the first 7 hours were really engaging. so much i dion't take a break. as you can see from the first post.

tommers
That would have helped. those damn things take like two or three shots to kill and could only get like 4 shots a round in due to my party type. given that they regenerate in a single round and i was getting a lot of misses even with my ranged weapons exper street samurai i simply couldn't take on more that one or two bugs at a time. i'm guessing i needed to go down the boosting ap route but that wasn't the kind of party i had been using up to that point.

Haven't got that far but that reminds me of the SNES game...

I might end up getting Jazz Punk as its cheap at humble too.

So... forgive me if this seems a silly question, but are games bought through humble compatible with steam?

I might end up getting Jazz Punk as its cheap at humble too.

So... forgive me if this seems a silly question, but are games bought through humble compatible with steam?

They send you a link that has a "add to steam" button. Click the button, game appears in steam. Check though, as some games aren't steam compatible.

Back
Top Bottom