Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Seeking shower

tinman

The shower at the house next to where I'm staying has broken... Can anyone suggest a place I can pay for a shower? I suppose I could pay for a swim but some pools don't seem to be allowing showers because of virus.

The shower at the house next to where I'm staying has broken... Can anyone suggest a place I can pay for a shower? I suppose I could pay for a swim but some pools don't seem to be allowing showers because of virus.
Are there any B&B's or cheap hotels near where you are?

Where roughly are you? What country and urban or rural would help. In the UK some service stations have showers and many gyms do. If somewhere hotter many European beaches have public showers for swimmers.

Where roughly are you? What country and urban or rural would help. In the UK some service stations have showers and many gyms do. If somewhere hotter many European beaches have public showers for swimmers.
Tbf, the forum it was posted in answered most of that.

I only clicked because I thought it was going to be 'shower' like 'are you a grower or a shower'. Very disappointed.

"The shower in the house next to where I'm staying" confuses me slightly. Are you living on the street, or camping perhaps? Why doesn't the place you are staying have a shower?

Map of public showers including near Bristol.

Over the pandemic loads of these have been closed. The one in our local park has, and when I was up Scotland way a few months back they were all shut for the duration.

I'm camping on a friends small farm. The farmhouse shower is kaput. I phoned Ennywevers campsite, phoned ahead, explained to a slightly confused manager and he agreed but it was 'unusual'. The facility was an old medical box stating 'Midwives and children' or similar, bit scuzzy, clearly well used by the (perhaps long term) guests. Paid £1.

Last edited:
I'm camping on a friends small farm. The farmhouse shower is kaput. I phoned Ennywevers campsite, phoned ahead, explained to a slightly confused manager and he agreed but it was 'unusual'. The facility was an old medical box stating 'Midwives and children' or similar, bit scuzzy, clearly well used by the (perhaps long term) guests. Paid £1.
I have used a hose in difficult times. Probably not an edifying site though.

Back
Top Bottom