Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Seaford Recommendations

Maggot

The Cake of Liberty
Off to Seaford, East Sussex for a couple of days.

Anyone know the town? Got any pubs, restaurants etc they can recommend.

Mainly going for the walking along the coast and the nearby South Downs, and the beach.

was there briefly last month but didnt stop in anywhere beyond the promenade
its a very peaceful spot
...i would say though that not too far away and if you are walking then you've got the Beachy Head pub which does probably the best sunday roast ive ever had in a pub + views
Tiger Inn in East Dean well worth stopping by - East Dean ridiculously picturesque and the pub is on the village green

I'm just along the coast. occasionally go to Seaford for a drink. Nothing exceptional IMO.
Steamworks which is part of the train station buildings is small but quite quirky. The Old Plough and Old Boot are OK.
Cuckmere Inn a short bus or car drive along the A259 has nice views over Cuckmere Haven and is good for for nearby walks.
Best thing in Seaford is to walk up Seaford Head and across the top of the cliffs to see that famous view of The Seven Sisters.

Last edited:
Just double checked and noticed that the South downs way does join up the other side of seaford head at the cuckmere valley.
Screenshot_20220928-124718.png

Just double checked and noticed that the South downs way does join up the other side of seaford head at the cuckmere valley.
View attachment 344797

The most famous South Downs Way route goes along the Downs but it's more of a network of paths so don't get confused. If you're doing the popular trail l you'll probably be going further north through Alfriston, above the Long Man of Wilmington and then through Jevington [home of the Banoffee Pie].

The most famous South Downs Way route goes along the Downs but it's more of a network of paths so don't get confused. If you're doing the popular trail l you'll probably be going further north through Alfriston, above the Long Man of Wilmington and then through Jevington [home of the Banoffee Pie].
Sounds like the route of the Beachy Head marathon, one of my favourites when I ran it in 2006

Thanks for the recommendations. We had a lovely time, and were very lucky with the weather. Walked up Seaford Head. Also walked from Exceat to East Dean via Cuckmere Haven, and had a pint in the Tiger. Found a good Italian restaurant (La Mediterranea).
2022-09-28 18.37.25.jpg2022-09-28 17.17.55.jpg 2022-09-29 11.56.19.jpg

Back
Top Bottom