Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Scottish Highlands holiday cottage recommendations

Idaho

blah blah blah
Looking to spend a week up in the hills next may. Probably be 7 of us. Been searching around all the usual sites and found plenty, but I know sometimes there are good places that don't get publicised. Anyone know of any particularly good spots?

Ideally it would be secluded with great views yet relatively easy to get to a town.

Lagnaha Farm in Duror. Stayed there twice and found it to be really good.

http://www.lagnaha.co.uk/farm.html

The folks running it are really friendly. There's two Munros just out the back door, it's spitting distance to Glencoe and halfway between Oban and Fort William. Both cottages are really well turned out and comfortable. We're not there next year as we are heading further afield to Skye, but both times we've stayed it was in May.

Excellent walks that we've done there are The Ring of Steall, CMD Arete and Nevis, Kinlochleven to Blackwater Reservoir (Incredible views that just get wider and wider as you walk up out of the valley, a couple of the streams are quite adventurous to cross...), Etive Mor (caught it on a perfect sunny day).

Last edited:
That does look a nice place! :)

The "we grow different types of willow for basket weaving" line did give me a start though! :oops: :eek: :D

No you should ignore me really. I just think that going a bit further northwest gets you into much nicer places, especially for hillwalking. But I'm biased. I hope you have a good trip. Get yourselves out to the west coast if you can.

Yeah I love Knoydart and Affric etc. But got kids with us so need to be near some non walking activities.

Back
Top Bottom