Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Saints Row IV...

I didn't have quite the catchiness that 2 did, but it still beat the pants off GTAIV.

I had Saints Row 2 on Steam for ages but it's one of the games that I haven't got round to installing yet.

I've heard 2 on PC is a buggy mess.

I've barely finished 1 (boring GTA:SA clone, buggy as hell), finished 2 twice on xbox and Third four times on on PC.
4 seems to be taking all the absurdity to a new level, I'll buy it as soon as I have some extra cash.

This game looks beyond absurd but one weapon is the Dubstep gun.

Nearly makes me want to buy it all by itself.

I recently joined a dubstep ska band - we drop the bass then bringitup bringitup bringitup bringitup...

Badoom-tish!

*I'll get my coat...

Played the first couple of hours of this. Well, maybe 4. I'm meant to be in bed :oops:

Fucking brilliant.

It's all a bit Blade Runner and Mass Effect (Keith fucking David :D) and a million other things besides.

It's too short though. Shorter than previous games. But it's so damned fun. Far better than 3 (which I've been playing the past few days in anticipation - anything would be better than 3 though - it's fun enough, but utterly pointless).

Get thee to your computers and play this game. Seriously. So. Much. Fun.

On the classical radio station, Zinyak - the alien evil baddie - reads Pride & Prejudice :cool:

At one point, you're in a car with someone, and you're both singing to a song that comes on the radio, and Zinyak hacks in and starts singing it in an operatic style.

:cool:

ok this is what makes saints row it's own thing.

it took GTA mechanics are did it's own thing with them.

it might feel just like small things but i think the atmosphere it builds is it's own payoff

even when it doesn't work it is at least still it's own brand

i would love to see some more of number two mixed in. the problem of a base line of ridiculousness is it takes power away from the impact.

also thank god no cousins phone calls

your couz plus going on dates killed gta4

what i assume was measn to be immersive turned out to be a chore

plus i found it made rampaging way to punitive

It's a very odd game, IMO. Feels far more like alien-themed DLC for SR3.

According to the game, I'm 50% complete. I don't know if this includes all the collectibles etc - I've done a lot. So far, there's been about three unique, real missions. Two of those were in the intro. All the rest have been mission umbrellas over the other activities, like mayhem challenges etc, in the name of bringing it all down.

It's a very odd game, IMO. Feels far more like alien-themed DLC for SR3.

According to the game, I'm 50% complete. I don't know if this includes all the collectibles etc - I've done a lot. So far, there's been about three unique, real missions. Two of those were in the intro. All the rest have been mission umbrellas over the other activities, like mayhem challenges etc, in the name of bringing it all down.

The side missions (well, the ones that aren't loyalty missions) are geared around taking you through the 'activities' like insurance fraud etc. Basically they are filler to give you cool toys and to give you a structured way to go through the activities if you want. The main missions almost never end up having anything to do with activities though. Have you got to the part where you're rescuing your friends from other simulations yet? Is your ship full of people again? The missions where you do that are varied, and the loyalty missions that come after them are as well. Asha's was a great piss take on Metal Gear Solid. I've only got as far as getting the mission to go and rescue Gatt, so I'm not done yet. I think it says I've completed something like 67% of the game (and have hacked 80+% of the simulation).

If you do the activities via the side missions it can feel repetitive, but I've stumbled across enough of them that I've done as and when I wanted that sometimes I only have one or two to do for a side mission.

There are tips and tricks to getting gold on some of them very, very easily.

For insurance fraud, jump up in the air, slump while you're high up, and you can basically cartwheel around the whole map and hit gold in no time.

For on foot mayhem, get the tornado upgrade to sprint, and then just run around the area (preferably along the sidewalks) and all those lovely fences etc. that you whip up behind you crank up your total to gold in seconds.

For TK mayhem, just pick up one of the ball things, and hold it out in front of you while you do the same.

The lightning upgrade for telekinesis is very useful for the fight club things - pick up the people and chuck them at other people, although I absolutely hate that activity and am yet to get gold. I've got gold in everything else now I think though.

As ever, I find the carjacking thing boring as hell, and one of the 'easy' rated Blazin' challenges is a cunt - the one at the airport - I keep getting lost.

I think it's probably a better game if you get a lot of the references. As a staunch Mass Effect trilogy fan, it's no surprise I think this game is amazing. Half of it is ripped directly from Mass Effect, and that's even before you consider Keith David. That said, there are no doubt many, many references I'm missing completely, but I still love the game.

One of the moustaches you can pick is called 'The Detective.' Am considering recreating Suchet's Poirot and seeing how he handles being leader of the Saints :D

The side missions (well, the ones that aren't loyalty missions) are geared around taking you through the 'activities' like insurance fraud etc. Basically they are filler to give you cool toys and to give you a structured way to go through the activities if you want. The main missions almost never end up having anything to do with activities though. Have you got to the part where you're rescuing your friends from other simulations yet? Is your ship full of people again? The missions where you do that are varied, and the loyalty missions that come after them are as well. Asha's was a great piss take on Metal Gear Solid. I've only got as far as getting the mission to go and rescue Gatt, so I'm not done yet. I think it says I've completed something like 67% of the game (and have hacked 80+% of the simulation).
Maybe it's just what I've prioritised so far - I'm up to the bit involving Matt Miller, and yeah, done lots of side quests. However looking back through the log and perhaps mis-remembering, a lot of the missions were essentially training.

Back
Top Bottom