Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Royal Mail to celebrate UK video game classics

these are not 'way before I was born', newsround. I want the Wipeout one, should be restricted to people who completed the game though because wipeout was hard as nails. That and the lemmings one look great
It's before you were born, bbc.co.uk.

I might have to buy some stamps. Just for the Sensible Soccer one.

Brilliant selection of games, couldn't have picked them better.

If you're a fan of sensible soccer and you have a smart phone check out Super Soccer Champs app game...I would go as far as saying it's the best football game ever made. Same top down thing and fast play. 2013 edition is better than the modern update imo as it's faster

I loved horace - i found something similar in the app store but it was way too complex compared to the original. Where did you find it?

I was demoing a streaming arcade platform called Antstream and it was on there with loads of other old school titles.

these are not 'way before I was born', newsround. I want the Wipeout one, should be restricted to people who completed the game though because wipeout was hard as nails. That and the lemmings one look great
WipeOut was developed in Liverpool in 1995. It was a revolutionary futuristic racing game for the new PlayStation and it soon became a cult hit. It featured original music by Orbital and The Chemical Brothers.
The main thing about Wipeout and the PS generally was that it was the turning point between games as "something the nerds at school do" and "something you play with your mates after/before clubbing". Sony used to do adverts in Mixmag which had perforated roaches. Designers Republic doing their graphics was really important as well (old school game nerd that I am I went to a really interesting talk that a couple of the original members of DR did about how that all worked out).

Back
Top Bottom