Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RIP Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters drummer)

This news was a shock to wake up to.
He had character and seemed a decent lad.
He will be sadly missed I’m sure.
50, no age at all.
RIP.

Putting on some Foo Fighters tunes this morning it really is Hawkins' playing that brings all the life and emotion to their songs, which can be a little on the dirgey side.

RIP. Too young. I know he had struggled with drug addiction until quite recently which he was always very candid about.

He was a steam roller of a drummer. Immense.

Imagine drumming in one of the biggest bands ever and losing your frontman. And then going on to front one of the next biggest bands to exist and losing your drummer. It’s almost unfathomable.

Yeah, seems like he had a few probs with the chems, which I was not aware of - he always seemed so hale and hearty, I figured he'd outlive the lot of them.
RIP - great musician and a great guy too by all accounts. Awful for his family obv. :(

R.I.P Taylor 🥀
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again :(

Can't believe this was the last time he'll do this....

One time when I saw the Foo Fighters at Brixton Academy him and Dave Grohl did this drum battle thing together. I'm normally 'Aargh! A Drum Solo!" about stuff like this but watching the pair of them battering the hell out of a pair of drumkits was ace. They both looked ike they were having the time of their life doing it and it's the main thing I remember about the gig.

50 eh? Bloody hell, that's no age at all isit?

Back
Top Bottom