Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rich twats being twats: Robbie Williams vs Jimmy Page

editor

hiraethified
Pair of cunts, the both of them.

Robbie Williams is "blasting Black Sabbath music" to torment his rock star neighbour Jimmy Page over their bitter home extension row, according to a complaint to their local council.

The Take That singer won a five-year battle when he was granted conditional approval last year to build a basement swimming pool at his London home.

Page fears excavation work will damage his 1875 Grade-I listed mansion.

Williams is also said to be imitating Page's former bandmate Robert Plant.

A letter to the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea states that as well as Sabbath, the singer has been playing Pink Floyd and Deep Purple songs at high volume, as "he knows this upsets" the 75-year-old Led Zeppelin guitarist, who has lived at Tower House for more than 46 years.

The two stars live next door to each other in Holland Park - Williams's Grade II-listed home used to belong to film director and restaurant critic Michael Winner.

It is not publicly known who wrote the complaint, which is signed "Johnny".

Talking about the row in the Telegraph on Friday, a spokesman for Williams said the claims in the complaint were "a complete fabrication and nonsense".
The correspondent adds that Williams has also dressed up to imitate Plant by "wearing a long hair wig, and stuffing a pillow under his shirt in an attempt to mock or imitate Mr Robert Plant's beer belly that he has acquired in his older age".

This is "embarrassing", the letter continues, because "Mr Plant was remembered for performing with his shirt open on stage, and obviously he cannot perform in his current condition as it would be very embarrassing".
_101798167_de27.jpg

_101798161_capture.jpg

Williams 'blasting' music to torment Page

Back story

Tower House is sandwiched between two houses undergoing extensive building work (when we go into the garden later, the noise is deafening). Perhaps the most contentious of the two relates to the house belonging to the singer Robbie Williams. Williams wants to put in a basement complexwhich will come perilously close to Tower House. Page has appealed and the council has currently deferred a decision pending a tightening up of monitoring and supervision of works. At the moment, no one seems able to guarantee the building work next door won’t damage Tower House’s unique and irreplaceable interiors, which is of serious concern to Page.

That there is any debate that Tower House should be protected, is perplexing. The only other residential town house Burges built is Park House in Cardiff. It is also listed and has been described by CADW (Wales’s historic environment protector) as “perhaps the most important 19th-century house in Wales.” When a piece of Burges furniture recently came up for sale (there are very few) it was considered so imperative it didn’t go out of the country that the government placed a temporary export ban on it. The Higgins Bedford museum bought it. And yet, Tower House is full of Burges. In 2014, three English Heritage engineers, an EH inspector and a conservation officer visited Tower House and described its interiors as of “high heritage value… and highly vulnerable” and that there was no demonstration that the proposed works would “have no adverse impact”.

So protective is Page of the interiors and their sensitivity to vibrations, he only ever plays acoustic guitar in the house, doesn’t have parties there and has no television. Just before I go, Page says, a little sotto voce: “I’m sorry I couldn’t show you the kitchen. But…” he continues, leaning forward, “it’s got a La Cornue in it.” I am thinking which artist that is, and then I realise it’s a French range cooker. I see it as a small concession.

I don't see the appeal. But then again, each to their own. He was into Crowley and all sorts of weird stuff back in the day I guess.

Sounds like a shameless plug to boost their traffic rankings, clearly something musical coming out of this 'un for them both :hmm:

Jimmy Page should retaliate from his Arthurian battle station with Angels on repeat for 3 days. Life might just break Robbie.

I've taken a dislike this afternoon to williams as I had the ear bleeding experience of his cover of tears for fears' everyone rules the world. A very model of bland shite.

Robbie bought the place off Michael Winner.
house must be fucking cursed or something.

Jimmy's house looks brilliant but not very cosy. Not sure I'd like to live there. Definitely not if Robbie Bloody Williams lives next door.

If I had all the money in the world (and if it wasn't owned by the National Trust), I'd live in Blackwell House in the Lake District.

Am I right in remembering that Robbie Williams is now the occupant of Michael Winner's former home..?

Jimmy's house looks brilliant but not very cosy. Not sure I'd like to live there. Definitely not if Robbie Bloody Williams lives next door.

If I had all the money in the world (and if it wasn't owned by the National Trust), I'd live in Blackwell House in the Lake District.
It's not owned by the National Trust, it's owned by some local trust thing. You've got a much better chance of being able to overthrow them. It's a bit heavy on the wood panelling for my tastes though.

It's not owned by the National Trust, it's owned by some local trust thing. You've got a much better chance of being able to overthrow them. It's a bit heavy on the wood panelling for my tastes though.
Woo!! I'm still in with a chance then!

That's a fecking museum... not a house!

I'm conflicted about who is more twatish. Williams is a stubborn child for constantly playing loud music, but Page should have bought the land around him ages ago, so no daft bugger tries to ruin the interior of the house. He knew what he was getting into... the house won't last too long after he passes (if he ever does).

These subterranean excavations have been known to damage neighbouring properties. They're particularly idiotic in riverside properties for obvious reasons.

Sometimes the digger they use for the excavation can't be removed from the new dungeon, and instead digs itself a tomb and is buried there forever. Fucking demented behaviour.

Last edited:
This subterranean excavations have been known to damage neighbouring properties. They're particularly idiotic in riverside properties.

Sometimes the digger they use for the excavation can't be removed from the new dungeon, and instead digs itself a tomb and is buried there forever. Fucking demented behaviour.

Hadn't heard about that before - apparently there are around 1,000 buried around London, in some cases posing an obstacle when the owners decide they want to carry out more excavations, all might be very confusing for future archaeologists.

The bizarre secret of London’s buried diggers

This subterranean excavations have been known to damage neighbouring properties. They're particularly idiotic in riverside properties.

That's seriously fucked up. But very interesting, cheers for the info. And I'm Team Page, hope Jimmy's cursed the weirdo.

Back
Top Bottom