Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question *RESOLVED* What's the difference between these two versions of M$ Office on Amazon?

Throbbing Angel

uncivilly servile
Hi,

I periodically buy MS 365 Family subscriptions when they are cheap*.
MS allows you to stack up to 5 years' worth of subscriptions so I generally have 2 or 3 in the bank as it were.
We use the sharing facility for Office so 4 people are getting Office for cheap imho.

My CamelCamelCamel alert told me that this version of MS365family was currently under £51, which is my trigger price.
£50.99, 15 month subscription, Activation by email, inc. NORTON

1662976742211.png

VS

as far as I can see, the same thing but with MCAFEE and is £39.99

I'm using MacOS Monterey atm and Word and Excel are working just fine from my last purchase which was made before Monterey was released. The other users are all on Win 10 iirc.

So what's the difference? Just MCAFFEE vs. NORTON??? If so I may as well save myself £11 innit.

1662976898777.png

If you're after saving money, have you tried switching to the Google Docs suite?
I can't remember the last time I used Word now and it used to be essential for my writing work.

If you're after saving money, have you tried switching to the Google Docs suite?
I can't remember the last time I used Word now and it used to be essential for my writing work.

Same (but Excel). I only use MS products now if I need to do something VBA-y with Excel.

The durations are different, 15 vs 12 months. So forgetting the antivirus it works out roughly the same per month for 365.

Hi,

I periodically buy MS 365 Family subscriptions when they are cheap*.
MS allows you to stack up to 5 years' worth of subscriptions so I generally have 2 or 3 in the bank as it were.
We use the sharing facility for Office so 4 people are getting Office for cheap imho.

My CamelCamelCamel alert told me that this version of MS365family was currently under £51, which is my trigger price.
£50.99, 15 month subscription, Activation by email, inc. NORTON

View attachment 342389

VS

as far as I can see, the same thing but with MCAFEE and is £39.99

I'm using MacOS Monterey atm and Word and Excel are working just fine from my last purchase which was made before Monterey was released. The other users are all on Win 10 iirc.

So what's the difference? Just MCAFFEE vs. NORTON??? If so I may as well save myself £11 innit.

View attachment 342391
Looks to me the first one is 15 months the second only 12 although that makes the second one slightly cheaper per month.

Thanks all

All moot now as the price for both is now the same at £50.99 and both state 15 months.

The world moves very quickly these days, doesn't it?

You can access to most of the office suite for free legitimately.
Microsoft do a thing called office online or something.
I use it on android not tried on PC.
Works well on android.

whilst we're here

the listings differ by stating 5 Devices and 3 Devices

is that the maximum number of installs or the maximum number of installs per user?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom