Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RENEWED (4th Nov). Call for assistance: Police raid on COP26 activist squat Tradeston, Glasgow

Although it’s more complicated apparently. The squat is called Baile Hoose. Squatting is illegal in Scotland. ACG members are attending and offering back up as they are in a precarious position.

I’m back. Things have quietened down. The cops are standing back but there’s a couple of ScotPol cops standing sentry, a huddle a hundred yards off, and interestingly a couple of MET vans around the corner, with MET officers buzzing around them.

When I was being let in, the BBC tried to film a close up of the padlock combination, so I blocked the lens. The guy was like “I don’t know why you’re bothering to do that, I can film you anyway”.

Great people. They’re very happy with the support they’ve been shown. I had a coffee and a tour and can report they’ve really got their act together.

While they seem to be being allowed to continue for now, there’s obviously no guarantee that the cops will keep to that. Especially as there’s no protection for squatters in Scotland.

Back
Top Bottom