Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Removing Google Assistant from my power button

savoloysam

Ready to move into the light
Oppo find X5 pro. A recent update has forced it on there and even though I have disabled Google assistant from my Google it still tries to open every single time I press the power button.

It's driving me facking bonkers :mad:

Can I remap the power button to power only? This whole press two different buttons to shut phones down is doing my fucking head in. Keep things simple you dicks :rolleyes:

I know fucking technology, I have the same every time my phone (Redmi) updates, fucks all my settings and starts running a load of apps have disabled. The smart TV asks me every time I turn it on whether I want Alexa setting up, I DON'T HAVE ALEXA, FUCK OFF!

In Settings->Apps I have the following related apps disabled on my lowly Nokia 2.4:
  • Android Accessibility Suite
  • Android Auto
  • Assistant
  • Google
  • Speech Services by Google
The result: on my home screen I have a white rectangular bar with "Search" written in it, but tapping it does not bring up a keyboard and it does nothing, also the Google button on the side of the phone does nothing.

There could be a couple of additional apps you could try disabling to banish Assistant.

Thing is I have the app disabled but the power button still tries to activate it. I'm sure buttons can be remapped somehow. I'll Google it (ironically)

Oppo find X5 pro. A recent update has forced it on there and even though I have disabled Google assistant from my Google it still tries to open every single time I press the power button.

It's driving me facking bonkers :mad:

Can I remap the power button to power only? This whole press two different buttons to shut phones down is doing my fucking head in. Keep things simple you dicks :rolleyes:
Yeah my new samsung galaxy a34 keeps trying to get me to install "bixby" when i press the power button. Drives me nuts :mad:

Back
Top Bottom