Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

reggae at lambeth town hall tonight (26th sep 08)

rutabowa

LOSE IT
there is meant ot be some thing on tonight Saxon sound with Coxsone Outernational but i can't find any info, does anyone know if it's definitely happening?

Yes, it's on. Wish I could get down there, best reggae sessions in town are to be had in the Town Hall at the moment.

‘BRING BACK THE GOOD TIMES PART 6’

Featuring two of England’s Legendary Sounds

SAXON STUDIO

meets

SIR COXONE OUTERNATIONAL

Friday September 26 2008

8pm – 2am

LAMBETH TOWN HALL

ACRE LANE

BRIXTON SW9

£10 ON THE GATE

I was on kiddy duty, I can only go on the weeks I don't have my daughter. Sadly that means I keep missing these, but wilol be along next time I can. Did you go?

Yes I did, it was totally packed! I think it's one that will be remembered for a while, I'll definitely be back there, great venue too in a weird way.

Possibly the most exciting thing to happen in the Assembly Hall since (1995?) when the stage was stormed by 100+ St Trinian's like schoolgirls from Streatham Hill and Clapham High in the great "rising bollards" Transport sub-committee special meeting :D

Coming up this Friday at the town hall 31st oct.

Rockers Galore Black History Month 70s session

feat sir coxsone, jah observer & wassie 1

brixtontownhallfri31stoxn7.jpg

brixtontownhallfri31stonw3.jpg

i went to the randys anniversary night there last week, it was really fun... had to sneak in my own guiness though ;)

Yes, my mate Swing Easy went, said it was a good night. I've seen Clive Chin select a couple of time before, he's got some great dubplates, especially over the Java rhythm. The Capleton cut tends to cause mayhem.

Were the Dub Vendor crew good? They know their onions.

Another good one at Brixton Town Hall this Friday night - Saxon, Fatman & Love Unlimited.

They're great nights, nice atmosphere, proper sound system business. I'd go if I wasn't playing tunes in Dalston.

yes really good turn out for the randy's night. Great selection all night but the actual sound system was a bit rusty..
would be up for going down to more of these - good vibes.

Back
Top Bottom