Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommend me decent found footage films

T & P

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
I love this subgenre. Most of the horror ones I’ve watched invariably manage to be more tense and nail-baiting than traditional horror films.

I have watched a great many of them though. Creep 1& 2, Host, the Paranormal Activity franchise, REC 1 & 2, the Hell House trilogy, obvs Blair Witch... What else good is out there?

Trollhunter yes, hugely entertaining (although maybe not exactly terrifying if that's what you're after)

Cloverfield no, because every character is a hateful dick who I wanted to die, which rather ruined any sort of tension

Think REC is probably the pinnacle

Oh and I really enjoyed As Above, So Below although it was critically panned, but tbh if you've watched any Paranormal Activity after the first one, then this has got to be better than them.

Last one: The Bay
Great example of one that scores badly on IMDB because people are fucking idiots, not because it's a bad film. 76% on Rotten Tom's is much more indicative (43% audience, see previous comment)

It's definitely worth a watch, though it's not really casual viewing.

Yeah, fair play, it's not simple entertainment

I think the Rotten Tom's summary says something about putting the Science back into Sci Fi or summat (cba to look)

Yeah, fair play, it's not simple entertainment

I think the Rotten Tom's summary says something about putting the Science back into Sci Fi or summat (cba to look)
To me it feels like all the Weyland-Yutani corporate stuff from the Alien films has been spliced with 2001, minus all the starchild stuff

Back
Top Bottom