Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommend me a game please 😁👍 Multiplayer strategy or RPG!

Bingo

Shitty-shoed bastard
Hi there me and a friend are looking for a new game to get stuck into....

We like fantasy / historical / sci-fi, either strategy or RPG mainly.

Any decent new stuff on the PC in the last year or so?

Cheers 🙂

Single player : horizon zero dawn has just been released on PC
Multi Player : The division 2 is a great co-op shooter thing set in Washington DC after a pandemic

If it's RTS multiplayer you're after I'd give Northgard a look. It's a very engaging take on classic RTS skirmish which to me is like a mash of up Age of Empires 2 and Settlers. It also has a co-op campaign mode called Conquest if you'd rather play together.

Offworld Trading Company is in my opinion the smartest RTS design to come out in the last decade. You're not marching armies around but building resource production and processing, any micro is entirely around playing the market. Much more fun than it sounds and very quick matches.

If you don't have it, its 2016, The Witcher 3, it's beyond amazing. Lead you into CDPR's next hotly anticipated game, Cyberpunk 2077, due November 19th.

As good as your going to get and usually discounted for £10 with all the DLC.

Of course the best historical strategy games are Paradox titles. The learning curve is less steep than it used to be but I’m not sure how good doing multiplayer with a friend would be unless you both picked major powers either in alliance or against each other.

It's based on the latest edition of the actual tabletop game which is the best ever. So I have really high hopes! It'll certainly be about time anyway 😁👍

Back
Top Bottom