Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Reading Festival 2020

not for me but the 15/16 yr old girl is going along to reading with it seesm everyone from her year at school ( the new Newquay ?)

how are they with alcohol / drugs/ shizle being brought it in ( not that she will be doing any of this obvs)

How bad is the theiving from tents and suchlike?

any other tips and stuff appreciated- ihave not been to this ever, so have no idea idea how it works on the day

cheers

any other tips and stuff appreciated- ihave not been to this ever, so have no idea idea how it works on the day

in terms of transport practicalities, there's frequent shuttle buses from reading railway station (north side interchange) to and from the festival from about as soon as the camp site opens until late every night, and all night until lunch time-ish on the last night / going home day

also a shuttle to the town centre which stops outside a sainsburys' - they always seem to have booze piled fairly high for sale

buses (last year) were a pound a journey or there was an all-weekend ticket for a fiver on the app - Reading Buses will have more nearer the time.

the railways tend to put some extra trains on overnight on the last day.

think national express do some special coach services direct to the festival site, but the regular nat ex coaches to 'reading' stop at the park and ride site just off the M4 junction about 5 miles south of reading.

(i may just have some involvement in some of the above)

not for me but the 15/16 yr old girl is going along to reading with it seesm everyone from her year at school ( the new Newquay ?)

how are they with alcohol / drugs/ shizle being brought it in ( not that she will be doing any of this obvs)

How bad is the theiving from tents and suchlike?

cheers

My 15/16 year old daughter is going just for the Sat I chickened out of letting her go for the weekend. It does seem to be a bit of a right of passage after GCSE’s - hopefully I haven’t ruined the rest of her life !!!

Always used to be fine on the booze, in the camping area not in the arena. Tent thrives are a thing, but big enough group should be OK. Reading has always been the GSCE blow out festival

from reading railway station (north side interchange)

and worth remembering that reading station now has an entrance / exit on each side (south side is the bigger building / nearer the town). encountered a few people this year on their mobile phone saying something like "but i'm outside the station as well, i can't see you?"

I haven't been since 1987 or so ( :oops: :D ) when The Scorpions headlined ...

Whereas festivaldeb went a fair bit more recently (2006 or some year like that?) and she stayed in a Travel Lodge in town .... :cool:

.... so as to absolutely avoid the teenage fan fest that sat the time concentrated on burning tents down and winning the 'Festival Litter Extreme!' competition :eek:

I saw the site from the train last August Bank Holiday (me and mate were on our way to the Madness fest on Clapham Common) and the litter and mess were still going strong ....... :hmm:

Apart from that, I'm sure it's all brilliant! :D

Back
Top Bottom