Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Racism Alive and Well in USA

You've misunderstood what that means.
No, I don't think so. The (ironic) suggestion was that if there are several posters disagreeing with a single poster (in this case, you), then to avoid the appearance of a 'pack mentality', othe posters should play devil's advocate, and take the opposite POV to the majority, merely to prevent it seeming as if 'pack mentality' or bullying is taking place - rather than out of conviction.

That just sounds to me like "I think you're adickhead and by not agreeing with me that you're a sickness, even though I refuse to explain why, that just proves it".

You font give me anything to reject on and I'm not open to self abuse right now.
To me it sounds more like: if that many people are disagreeing with me, then maybe I should reflect upon whether that is significant, and that maybe I have misjudged the situation.

I don't understand your second sentence. :confused:

No, I don't think so. The (ironic) suggestion was that if there are several posters disagreeing with a single poster (in this case, you), then to avoid the appearance of a 'pack mentality', othe posters should play devil's advocate, and take the opposite POV to the majority, merely to prevent it seeming as if 'pack mentality' or bullying is taking place - rather than out of conviction.
Nope. Merely pointing out that 'rightly or wrongly' when someone says something people disagree with then is often the case people will vehemently disagree and other will join in.There is a pack mentality. It's commonplace on busy forums. It's an observation.

Nope. Merely pointing out that 'rightly or wrongly' when someone says something people disagree with then is often the case people will vehemently disagree and other will join in.There is a pack mentality. It's commonplace on busy forums. It's an observation.
But I wasn't talking to you, or about 'rightly or wrongly'. :confused:

I was addressing Awesome Wells' comment (#630) on Corax's post (#623)

Nobody wants to back down here. This thread is officially in train wreck mode. Move along. Nothing to see here.
Can't we get it binned? :D It's driving me spare. How about if I did a Delroy and posted "...is shit" everywhere.

Racism is shit.
Youtube is shit.
Devil's advocadoes are shit.

But that only succeeded in getting Delroy banned. :(

Someone really did ought to put this thread out of its misery now tbh. It's been revealing in a couple of fairly obvious ways but it's going round in circles now and Awesome Wells posts are getting even less coherent by the hour (something that I'd have thought impossible before).

And yes, I know I'm a massive hypocrite for posting this and bumping it up to the top of the forum :D

Someone really did ought to put this thread out of its misery now tbh. It's been revealing in a couple of fairly obvious ways but it's going round in circles now and Awesome Wells posts are getting even less coherent by the hour (something that I'd have thought impossible before).

And yes, I know I'm a massive hypocrite for posting this and bumping it up to the top of the forum :D
It needs to die. I'm going to put all you c**ts on ignore, so it will just be me and Awesome Wells that I see on here :mad::D

vCXWH.gif

Whatever inter-member sniping ended up developing on the thread, the original occurrence was something worth considering and discussing, which did happen for a time. Burying the thread will also bury the constructive elements of the thread.
Yes, I guess there is some value in the earlier stages of the thread. Mind you, I was shocked - when I read it back from the beginning - to see that it's arguably only the first 2 pages, then the craziness begins. 2 out of 22! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom