Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PS5 Pro

tommers

Fuck it, it's fine.
I hate it when they just convert USD to GBP as 1:1. Lazy man, do you not have a fucking accountant?

So, £700. No disc drive but it does have

20240910_162253.jpg
AI man. That'll be great. Like, a Culture mind in my console, watch out fellas the PS5 fucking Pro is going to exterminate us all. (No, I have no idea what this means either).

I'm guessing their version of DLS/FSR. Except everything's got to be AI now, even if it's not.

It will probably work quite well, more than just giving it raw horsepower might.

I'm guessing their version of DLS/FSR. Except everything's got to be AI now, even if it's not.

It will probably work quite well, more than just giving it raw horsepower might.
It says "AI" so it will be a super powerful Artificial Intelligence sitting in my console updating Ratchet & Clank graphics. Hope it doesn't get bored and set up Skynet! "The only way to avoid endlessly upscaling Ratchet & Clank is to destroy the human race!" but in a robot voice.

I'm not a playstation person, I'm quite happy with my switch and series S with a combined cost of about £500.

I'm hoping one of two things will happen here, either they sell way less than the expect. Or they sell okay but most of them are to scalpers who can't sell them on for a profit.

why buy an update version of the console you already have when no new games to take advantage of the new power :hmm:

Jesus look at the game being released this Christmas. no Sony I'll keep my 700 quid till you release GTA 6 on the ps6 midway thru next year

why buy an update version of the console you already have when no new games to take advantage of the new power :hmm:

I pre-ordered the Pro to play the best (console) version of recently released games I haven’t played yet (e.g. Wukong, Stellar Blade, FFVII Rebirth) and ones coming out soon (e.g. AC Shadows).

I’ll be selling my current PS5 console as well as a few games before November, so I’m not expecting to pay any more than £350 for this mid-gen refresh. The Pro should last me a few years. (No doubt I’ll sell it for the PS6)

To each their own though. :thumbs:

Jesus look at the game being released this Christmas. no Sony I'll keep my 700 quid till you release GTA 6 on the ps6 midway thru next year

At this point you may as well play PC.

At this point you may as well play PC.
It used to be that the price difference made a console a better option, but people are paying a grand for a console now, and that makes no sense to me at all. I'd rather spend that on a PC that I can upgrade when I want/need.
And the games are far cheaper on PC.

It used to be that the price difference made a console a better option, but people are paying a grand for a console now, and that makes no sense to me at all. I'd rather spend that on a PC that I can upgrade when I want/need.
And the games are far cheaper on PC.
What's stupid is the focus on more and more graphical performance when there really is no need, a game isn't better because it has 20% more grass.

My series S was £250, and games look fantastic on that, I don't see a need to keep pushing things at the sorts of costs we are looking at. Try just making good games with good art direction instead.

Back
Top Bottom