Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Private rented sector - government survey

hitmouse

so defeated, thinks it's funny
Well I've just filled it in, It's a bit feeble it's mostly along the lines of do you know who your landlord is and does he tick the relevant boxes. I know who mine is and he ticks the boxes, I got an energy certificate which is fuck all help in putting money on the meter key when I need it nor is there anything to help pressure the cunt when he takes weeks to fix anything that breaks.
I'll believe this government gives a shit about renters in this country when I see it and I don't expect to see it. Don't believe that the other shower would have done anything if they had won despite whatever they said they would do.

I filled it in, choosing only answers intended to promote transparency and the sharing of maximum information with tenants.
Mine definitely believes in transparency, the bathroom door was propped up in the living room for three months earlier this year, can't getting anymore transparent than nothing there at all. The joiner only took half an hour to fix it when he came.

I didn't fill it in as my landlords alright, beyond the obvious, and I don't want to skew the actual results which are that they should be eradicated.

Don't worry, it doesn't ask anything like this.

I bet it doesn't ask the basic question 'Is your rent a ridiculous amount (because your landlord is a money-grubbing parasite)?'

I probably cba to fill this in, but might look later.

Be really interesting to see if anything worthwhile comes out of this exercise.

Somehow, I doubt it.
Although, if it's originated from some lower level functionary, who rents themselves, it might make a smidgeon of a lever against the exploitive ****ts otherwise known as landlords.

My last time paying rent was many years ago - but I know quite a few people who still rent because they can't find or afford anything else. Don't go into the reasons behind Welsh second home minefield - there's a similar problem around here, in Northumberland.

Well I've just filled it in, It's a bit feeble it's mostly along the lines of do you know who your landlord is and does he tick the relevant boxes. I know who mine is and he ticks the boxes, I got an energy certificate which is fuck all help in putting money on the meter key when I need it nor is there anything to help pressure the cunt when he takes weeks to fix anything that breaks.
I'll believe this government gives a shit about renters in this country when I see it and I don't expect to see it. Don't believe that the other shower would have done anything if they had won despite whatever they said they would do.
Over 90 Tory MPs are themselves landlords, don't expect them to do much for tenants anytime this side of doomsday. Even 18 Labour MPs are landlords.These bastards have skin in the game when it comes to exploiting tenants.

How many MPs are actually tenants - exce[pt perhaps at the luxury end? There are probably more old Etonians than private tenants in the House of Commons.

Be really interesting to see if anything worthwhile comes out of this exercise.

Somehow, I doubt it.
Although, if it's originated from some lower level functionary, who rents themselves, it might make a smidgeon of a lever against the exploitive ****ts otherwise known as landlords.

My last time paying rent was many years ago - but I know quite a few people who still rent because they can't find or afford anything else. Don't go into the reasons behind Welsh second home minefield - there's a similar problem around here, in Northumberland.
Same down here in the southwest, wealthy retirees buying up all the local housing and pushing prices out of reach of locals. We have the highest house prices anywhere except for London and the southeast, but unlike these this is combined with some of the lowest pay in the country.

And when we have supposedly affordable new housing built, most of it gets bought up in multiple purchases by wealthy investors who then make a killing letting them out at extortionate rents. Locals who actually want to buy a home to live in rarely get much of a look in.

Back
Top Bottom