Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommendation Point and shoot recommendations please

Tricky Skills

I'm interested in hearing any point and shoot recommendations. I want something that is small and mobile but packs a punch with image quality. Ideally I'd be using it for street photography and outdoor sports shots. I appreciate point and shoots aren't the best models for sport action. I might even use it for work - photos of lovely kids in classrooms going about their learning.

I'm happy to go back in time and pick up a bargain that might be a decade or so old. editor will vouch for my trust in OLD camera tech. The budget is up to £250, which I know isn't a lot. I could pick up a Sony A600 on eBay for this price - it's not a point and shoot but it does seem to do everything else. It's the lens that puts me off though. I want something really compact that I can just whip out and not get noticed.

Thanks

I'm interested in hearing any point and shoot recommendations. I want something that is small and mobile but packs a punch with image quality. Ideally I'd be using it for street photography and outdoor sports shots. I appreciate point and shoots aren't the best models for sport action. I might even use it for work - photos of lovely kids in classrooms going about their learning.

I'm happy to go back in time and pick up a bargain that might be a decade or so old. editor will vouch for my trust in OLD camera tech. The budget is up to £250, which I know isn't a lot. I could pick up a Sony A600 on eBay for this price - it's not a point and shoot but it does seem to do everything else. It's the lens that puts me off though. I want something really compact that I can just whip out and not get noticed.

Thanks
For fast point and shooting plus high quality you won't get much better than a Ricoh GR - the Mk3 is horrifically expensive but the Mk1 might be available for around your budget or a bit more if you shop around (the Mk1 and Mk2 are essentially the same thing). make sure you get thre APS-C sensor one - the earlier versions with smaller sensors are confusingly named the same.

Back
Top Bottom