Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

podcasts about anarchism

rutabowa

LOSE IT
Any recommendations for podcasts that are good for getting a handle on the basics/history of anarchism?plz. I found one or two by searching but wondered if there are any that i missed.

Any recommendations for podcasts that are good for getting a handle on the basics/history of anarchism?plz. I found one or two by searching but wondered if there are any that i missed.
The ACG have a series called At The Cafe, but it doesn’t seem to run on my podcast client (iPhone SE), so I haven’t heard any of them yet. I CBA to play them in my browser.

At the Cafe: ACG’s new podcast – Anarchist Communist Group

Other than that, I’m not aware of any specifically on anarchism, but there is LibCom’s Working Class History series.

Podcast

The ACG have a series called At The Cafe, but it doesn’t seem to run on my podcast client (iPhone SE), so I haven’t heard any of them yet. I CBA to play them in my browser.

Other than that, I’m not aware of any specifically on anarchism, but there is LibCom’s Working Class History series.

Podcast

Get yourself the Overcast app - it's way better than the native podcasts client, is FREE, and has that podcast on it. :)

Podcast

I've listened to bits of the ACG podcasts just now. They're pretty good and not too long. Sound like what you're looking for rutabowa Give them a go?

The anarchist media list 2018 (more Youtubey but some audio)
Podcast Review: Talking Shop

Freedom's still looking for someone to do a monthly roundup of episodes btw if anyone's interested - there's probably enough around including more international stuff like Channel Zero or IGN to do a listings.

Also for Youtube there's a yseful thread on libcom which I've not gotten around to compiling into an updated list yet:

Anarchist YouTube

Not strictly anarchism, but wasn't sure where else to post this
Havent actually listened to it yet either but had it recommended
Using this to bookmark it really
Also good name ;)

also didn't see this mentioned on the thread

Last edited:
copying here as threads like this come up quite high on google searches

[hitmouse]
Again, depends what you're looking for, any specific topics or what? The Channel Zero Network is the largest network, it's a bit of a mixed bag:
The Final Straw is often very good for international coverage, and Labor Wave is a decent sort of @-synd-leaning US podcast. The Antifada can be good too? The UK has Dissident Island Radio, and I've never really got around to listening to that much of ABC with Danny and Jim but that might be good if you want people talking about books?

A few more international ones: Dissident Island and Final Straw are members of the A-Radio Network:
Who do a collaborative monthly international broadcast thing called BAD News:
Elephant in the Room is a radio show from Dresden that's good for coverage of central/East European stuff - recent episodes include the Poland/Belarus border situation, queer uprising in Poland (not sure if that one's in English?), and Ukraine, anarchism and antifascism, for a taster:

Back
Top Bottom