Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Please recommend me a pub/bar near the harbourside

How many people are you meeting? Do you want to sit outside or inside? Do you want to eat? Do you want a trendy bar or a traditional pub?

Harbour festival starts tomorrow so it will be very busy.

Just one, probably not eating, inside, either trendy (so long as not ridiculously expensive) or traditional is fine.

The Shakespeare in Prince Street is nice if traditional is your thing. The Cottage is quite far to walk, I don't like The Ostrich much as their toilets are minging. Trendy wise I like The Mud Dock (bit hipsterish) or the Arnolfini (very middle class) but they are both a little pricy. There are loads along by the Watershed but I don't really like any of them.

Actually I think it's the shitting Harbour Festival tomorrow so everywhere will be rammed :mad:

Shakey is alright but pricey. Mind you standard for harbour side. AF is more of a coffee cake place. I feel like a raging alcolic if i have a pint there.

Yeah I think most places are pretty pricey down there apart from the Wetherspoons. Arnolfini is ridiculous though, not much change out of a tenner for two pints. When I meet my friend in town we tend to go the Commercial Rooms, as you can get a bottle of wine for £8 or so!

I've never been to the Shakespeare so that might be a good one to try.

Shakespeare is a bit rubbish IMO. Ostrich is nice to sit outside but I'm not a fan of it as a pub.

Nova Scotia is a bit further away but might be quieter and is a lovely pub. Louisiana is also a really good pub. It's closer to centre will be fuller but probably not as full as the Shakespeare or Ostrich.

So Louisiana or Nova would be my recommendations.

Too late now perhaps, but ...

Not at Harbourside Fest time ( :eek: ), but if you're watching the pennies Thora , the Spoons (under the Lloyds No 1 name I think) right on the waterside (opposite side from the Arnolfini, and very near the west side of the footbridge), has outdoor seating if it's nice.

Back
Top Bottom