Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PlayStation Classic

mwgdrwg

Be a Pisces. Jam.
Has anyone pre-ordered one of these? It comes with 20 pre-installed games. They've announced 5 games so far, with 15 more to come:
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Jumping Flash!
  • R4: Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Tekken 3
  • Wild Arms

I'd love it if they added Metal Gear Solid and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

Are you getting one, what other games are you hoping for?

L-lead-hand-755x425.jpg

Initially thought this was a good idea...FF VII is one of my all time favourites. But time has passed and the gfx on those things would look terrible now, they were top drawer at the time.

I heard there will be no additional games apart from the 20, too.

Initially thought this was a good idea...FF VII is one of my all time favourites. But time has passed and the gfx on those things would look terrible now, they were top drawer at the time.

I heard there will be no additional games apart from the 20, too.

I never played FF VII....it certainly looks 'chunky' these days, and I'm wondering how it will look on a big modern tv.

I never played FF VII....it certainly looks 'chunky' these days, and I'm wondering how it will look on a big modern tv.

The change in TV's has a MASSIVE effect. Found this out when unpacking a mate's old PS1 for a laugh a few years ago.
Makes Soul Blade look like an abstract form of Tetris.

The change in TV's has a MASSIVE effect. Found this out when unpacking a mate's old PS1 for a laugh a few years ago.
Makes Soul Blade look like an abstract form of Tetris.

I wonder if they will include filters, like softening or fake scan-lines (as on Nintendo's nes and snes mini)?

They will probably have to.

Old games don't tend to age well...

When I play an older game I tend to find it's the control sensitivity (or total lack of) that jars more than the graphics. They just feel really clumsy compared to a modern game using a current controller.

I've just been playing NES games that are from 1980 on the switch, some are really really bad, but a lot of them are still great!

I loved the PS. Tomb Raider, Ridge Racer, GT, FF VII, Resident Evil, MSG. They were iconic. But it's different now...never mind now... TLOU was 2013. Those old games have not worn well (apart from probably nintendo stuff)

Better just to remember them and the £20 books you bought so you could beat them.

hmm will the control system of the games been upgraded..

as this was early in the run of 3d games

and if you every tried going back to play the original Tomb raider

it will screw with your muscle memory

:hmm:

Whilst I’ve returned to gaming since, the Ps1, n64 era totally turned me away. The switch from 2d which is got so accustomised to, to these terrible looking polygon things just baffled me. I hated it.
While I’ve since reinvested in an actual n64 and get some enjoyment now out of goldeneye and mario kart and wa few others, for me it’s still the worst generation of gaming.

Probably just me though.

Oh and the controllers sucked too.

I still have my original, modified one with approx 300 games.
Have no idea where it is though or whether it'd be easy to hook up to a modern TV.

Like the idea but that list is pretty shit really. The other fifteen better be stellar otherwise what’s the point?

Full 20 games

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil Director’s Cut
  • Revelations: Persona
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms
One assumes this package is PEGI 18?

There are some pretty classic games there. No Tomb Raider but GTA, FFVII, Tekken, Oddworld, Resident Evil and MGS are very fine games.

Back
Top Bottom