Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Play Morrissey's Animal Rights-Themed Video Game, 'This Beautiful Creature Must Die'

editor

hiraethified
This is a curious thing:

Though there's probably no chance of the band reuniting — though stranger things have happened — the Smiths, in conjunction with PETA have launched a new video game. Inspired by the Smiths' "Meat is Murder," This Beautiful Creature Must Die is a game in classic 8-bit form that has animals trying to avoid ending up in a slaughterhouse. Sounds confusing? Below is some info from the press release that explains more.

The Smiths’ 1985 classic “Meat Is Murder” is back in 8-bit form for This Beautiful Creature Must Die, PETA’s new online game that features an instrumental arcade-style version of the song on loop. Players must act quickly to save chickens, cows, pigs, and turkeys from being slaughtered by tapping the animals before they fall to the bottom of the screen — while avoiding game-ending bombs.

In addition to its vintage style, what sets This Beautiful Creature Must Die apart from other online games is the urgent message underlying its quest, as noted by the Smiths’ lead singer and longtime vegan Morrissey: “This game is the biggest social crusade of all, as we safeguard the weak and helpless from violent human aggression. You don’t get that from Pokémon Go.”
Play The Smiths and PETA's 'This Beautiful Creature Must Die' Video Game

'Meat Is Murder' Game

This reminds me of that ZX Spectrum game, Zoooom, in which you're supposed to save refugees but I only ever remember blowing them up and machine gunning them cos that was more fun.

What a shit game. I assumed I was zapping animals into tasty treats with my rainbow bacon-blaster, but no, apparently I was saving them.

I would like it if he and Billy Bragg wrote more songs about things they actually talk a lot about. Like, observing the size of the egg section in supermarkets.

JOHN: Will animal abuse ever stop?

MORRISSEY: Yes. Walk into any major supermarket and you will see how cow’s milk has shrank into to a small corner whilst alternative milks have taken over. Even people who don’t care about animal welfare would rather have rice, oat or cashew milk. The same has happened to eggs. It’s very difficult to locate them now in a supermarket. Obviously I wouldn’t ever buy eggs, but it’s worth taking note of these things.

Or about how Hitler was "left wing".

And as far as racism goes, the modern Loony Left seem to forget that Hitler was Left wing! But of course, we are all called racist now, and the word is actually meaningless.

There Is A Light That Must Be Switched On - Morrissey talks to John Riggers Apr. 2018 - M. Central

I would like it if he and Billy Bragg wrote more songs about things they actually talk a lot about. Like, observing the size of the egg section in supermarkets.

Or about how Hitler was "left wing".
He must go to some strange supermarkets

There's no hope left for him.

Anne Marie Waters is an Irish anti-Islam activist, who is the founder and leader of the far-right party For Britain. She is also the director of Sharia Watch UK, an organisation which was launched on 24 April 2014.Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom