Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question PAYG data only Sim cards for tablets

Throbbing Angel

Morning all,

I now have a tablet that can use a data Sim card. I don't see myself using it , or, rather, needing to use it loads. I'm generally near wi-fi these days. Aren't we all, huh?

So, Pay As You Go SIM Cards for data only that aren't stupid expensive. Are they a thing?

I know there are lots o cheapo data & calls SIMS around, but I won't need the call bit at all [will I?] I wan't to be able to use email, Google Docs or One Drive etc. as well as stuff like the Whatsapp and Messages [Google] account that are linked to my phones SIM, but without taking my phone with me as well.

Is that a thing? Using a data only SIM but not its phone number to access things like Whatsapp that are linked to another SIM.

I want to remain contactable but don't want to be interupted by phone calls or tempted by all the crap I have installed on my phone that I purposely haven't put on the tablet.

Morning all,

I now have a tablet that can use a data Sim card. I don't see myself using it , or, rather, needing to use it loads. I'm generally near wi-fi these days. Aren't we all, huh?

So, Pay As You Go SIM Cards for data only that aren't stupid expensive. Are they a thing?

I know there are lots o cheapo data & calls SIMS around, but I won't need the call bit at all [will I?] I wan't to be able to use email, Google Docs or One Drive etc. as well as stuff like the Whatsapp and Messages [Google] account that are linked to my phones SIM, but without taking my phone with me as well.

Is that a thing? Using a data only SIM but not its phone number to access things like Whatsapp that are linked to another SIM.

I want to remain contactable but don't want to be interupted by phone calls or tempted by all the crap I have installed on my phone that I purposely haven't put on the tablet.

I can't see it would be any cheaper, they practicaly give unlimited calls away these days. Assuming the tablet can't make calls I can't see a problem using a standard SIM

I can't see it would be any cheaper, they practicaly give unlimited calls away these days. Assuming the tablet can't make calls I can't see a problem using a standard SIM
Really, didn't occur to me that it might be able to use a phone SIM or make calls like a phone. I was referringtonet having my phonewithme = not getting calls.

I'll look into "normal" SIM cards. Thanks

same question here too. I get 10gb a month for £10 on a phone (payg no contract to keep an eye on), havent got a sim slot on any device to test it on

I thought about it for my ipad but its so rare that I'm not near wifi and I always have my phone on me anyway so I just tether if i need.
Yes, I'm the same. What I've found is thay even having my phone with me make me distracted, so I want to try leaving it in the car when I'm at the library, writing/not writing. The library WiFi is shit, hence this SIM query.

Back
Top Bottom