Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paul Cattermole: S Club 7 star dies aged 46

editor

hiraethified
I can't say S Club 7 spoke to me about my life, but it's a young age to die...

S Club 7 star Paul Cattermole has died at the age of 46, weeks after the band announced a comeback tour.

"It is with great sadness that we announce the unexpected passing of our beloved son and brother Paul Cattermole," a statement from his family and the pop group said.

All seven S Club members reunited in 2014, and Cattermole starred in a stage production of The Rocky Horror Show the following year. However, he said he was injured "in quite a bad way" during that tour.
"There was an unchoreographed bit of dancing [that went wrong] and someone fell on me," he told NME in 2018.
The injury meant he struggled to find performing work, and he said he never saw much of the money his group made.
In 2018, he put his Brit Award statuette - won for best newcomer in 2000 - on eBay. He said he was "skint", with bankruptcy looming after a big tax bill.
He told ITV's Loose Women he wanted to appear on a reality TV show, but "they just haven't wanted me".
According to the Guardian in 2019, Cattermole moved on to working odd jobs including as manager of a community radio station.
In recent years, he was offering personal tarot readings before the latest reunion was announced.

That's fucking tragic.
I don't know anything about him, S Club 7 kind of went over my head tbh, but not heard anything awful about him however.
I do understand someone being injured or in pain and finding life and employment difficult as a result.
If that contributed to the death of a person otherwise in their prime (as it has for so many others) then it is a sad indictment of our society.

I’m a bit sad about this, as we loved S Club 7 in an ironic way when we were students, but looking back I think the ironic thing was just to provide cover for true fact we did actually quite like them.

Went to see them play on the downs in Bristol once. Which means I can say I was at an actual S Club party. Am happy to confirm that there ain’t no party like it.

Really sad, he was so young and had a really rough time of it after S Club split. Absolutely glorious, no pretence pop music.

Back
Top Bottom