Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paris caberet

hash tag

Reaching out
Another Paris thread. We are off to Paris for a couple of nights quite soon. We toyed with going to the opera but that might not happen.
I mentioned to Mrs tag about a cabaret like Follies Bergere or Moulin Rouge. It seems like a total waste of time and money to me and It doesn't sit comfortably with me. That said Mrs Tag says she wouldn't mind.
Anyone been or thoughts on a postcard please.

I've been to the Moulin Rouge twice. It is quite expensive, though the price does include food as well (and we got two free bottles of champagne!), but one thing you don't need to be concerned about is exploitation. The dancers can choose to wear pasties on their breasts, and several do, which leaves them almost as covered up as regular dancers. And everything I've seen says they're well paid and have good working conditions.

There are lots of other acts in the usual variety style - we liked the brothers balancing in unfeasible ways, like one on top of the other's head on a chair on a board on a beach ball. The Siamese twin singing act was clearly some French thing we do not understand, though.

We made friends with an older lady in a fabulous diamond dress who was dancing with everyone (it's an open dance floor for part of the evening) who was there celebrating her divorce in style.

It was all quite wholesome to be honest.

We made friends with an older lady in a fabulous diamond dress who was dancing with everyone (it's an open dance floor for part of the evening) who was there celebrating her divorce in style
Dancing and middle aged white bloke are not good bed fellows.
I've just discovered hellfest, a bar, which appeals a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom