Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pampas Grass, the symbol of swingers

Firky

The first of the gang
Banned
It is a well established fact that if you have pampas grass in your garden you're going to attract swingers (swingers use the grass as an advert to other swingers). Has anyone got pampas grass in their garden and are they swingers, or have they ever had anyone knocking on their door asking to swing?

1523611312_aeb3dd1298.jpg

Truth-About-Wife-Swingers-Relations.jpg

I suspected my old manager was a swinger and a colleague told me she also had pampas grass.

She used to spend a lot of time in her friends hot tub too which I think is another sign of swinging.

The ones I knew didn't have any pampas grass. No front garden either.

A swinger I know has a hot tub but no pampas, because he set fire to it in a bbq accident last year. Don't think he's had any less offers because of it, though. He has a big glass ashtray.

Hot tub, pampas grass, large vase or ash-tray. Any other traits? Double garage, forecourt parking area?

That is strange coincidence, I only got told about the pampas grass thing today by a mate. It made me lol but I just thought she meant it was typical of the kind of middle aged suburban type who might be into swinging, didn't realise it was a 'thing' :eek:

That is strange coincidence, I only got told about the pampas grass thing today by a mate. It made me lol but I just thought she meant it was typical of the kind of middle aged suburban type who might be into swinging, didn't realise it was a 'thing' :eek:
It's not really a thing. People just say it was.

I suspected my old manager was a swinger and a colleague told me she also had pampas grass.

She used to spend a lot of time in her friends hot tub too which I think is another sign of swinging.

Maybe your old manager was just from the 1970s.

Did she have a pet rock as well?

Mr Vendor the car salesman is dead. Mrs Vendor became a governor of the local independent Catholic school. Together, they put the kitsch into our kitchen. Then they moved.

We painted everything white.

There was pampas grass in the garden. We tried everything including flamethrowers, even before I learned of its mythical signalling properties. The house also sported a sign at the gate saying "Beware of the dog" and I'm still racking my brains about what coded message that sent out.
No, they didn't have a dog: the stains on the carpet were caused by hair bleach.

Oh, and months later we were still digging airgun pellets out of the bedroom floorboards. Even now, I'm surprised when I accidentally trip the switch that activates lights in what used to be the flowerbeds.

Twenty years, it must be. Our built-in oven's on the blink.

Liver failure, I heard.

Back
Top Bottom