Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympic Tennis

marty21

One on one? You're crazy.
Not sure why tennis is in the Olympics - but it is, and there's an amazing match on atm

Tsonga v Raonic

6-3 3-6 and currently 21-20 in the final set!

Both Fed and del Potro are wearing Nike logos on their shirts and headbands in their semi - um, adidas? How are they getting away with it?

After 3+ hours of trying Fed broke del Potro, only to be broken to love in the next game :facepalm: :eek:

10-10, final set.

del Potro looks more knackered than anyone in the Olympics so far, with the possible exception of that Norn Iron rower today.

There never is in a deciding set, is there?

I think the US Open uses them in final sets - they're not part of the 'original' scoring system but may be adopted under local rules (as far as I understand). Some choose to use them for the opening sets but not the final.

In the Olympic doubles they have a tie break in the final set - first to 10 wins (or 2 ahead after that)

Not that I watch that much tennis, but that was one of the biggest kickings I have ever seen handed out in a major final.

The women's game is a bit of a joke, surely the world number one should be kicking Williams' ass at tennis yet she (Azarenka) got whooped 6-1 6-2 in the semi.

Back
Top Bottom