Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oh shit - Wedding DJ Tunes - 9:30-10:30

Supine

Newt Member
Hit me up with some quality disco. No shit.

I have been asked to do a wedding set but not done any record playing since covid. So no beat matching will be attempted :)

Wedding tunes? Help!

On YouTube you can find classic tracks that have been digitally shifted from minor to major key or vice versa. Grab some of those using audacity and have the elderly questioning their own memories.
This sounds amazing, can you post something?

Hit me up with some quality disco. No shit.

I have been asked to do a wedding set but not done any record playing since covid. So no beat matching will be attempted :)

Wedding tunes? Help!
Wedding DJing is soul crushing hell. I wish you every blessing. An hour is doable though

Last edited:
An hour of disco? No problem:

Cerrone - Love In 'C' Minor (16:08)
Munich Machine - Get On The Funk Train (15:45)
Tantra - Hills Of Kat Mandu (Patrick Cowley Remix) (13:27)
Macho - I'm a Man (17:40)

...and that's an hour done :thumbs:

DJing at weddings is always hard to get right. It helps if you know the bride and groom and their friends and families well, so you know what you can get away with. My best friends' wedding reception was all funk then pounding techno, the groom's dad loosing himself to Jeff Mills after a few too many. I DJed for another friend's wedding and had the bride in her sari and groom in his kilt pogoing to Love Will Tear Us Apart, but i knew id get away with that for them. At that wedding i had endless requests for Bhangra when i hadn't thought to bring any.

But traditional wedding music sets are hell to get right, constantly walking the line between cheese and quality, trying to please everyone without causing anyone to run away in terror. I'm shit at that. I always get the urge to try something that goes down like a cup of cold sick.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom