Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

NRA Meeting 2018

Yuwipi Woman

Whack-A-Mole Queen
Some of you may have noted that the NRA has been having their annual meeting. They pretty much confirmed my view of the current state of the NRA when they did this:

Retired Marine Lt. Col. Oliver North, a central figure in the Iran-contra affair in the 1980s, has been named president of the National Rifle Association.

The NRA’s board of directors chose North to be the organization’s president Monday morning after NRA President Pete Brownell decided not to seek a second term.

“This is the most exciting news for our members since Charlton Heston became president of our Association,” NRA Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre said. “Oliver North is a legendary warrior for American freedom, a gifted communicator and skilled leader. In these times, I can think of no one better suited to serve as our president.”

North will assume the presidency in coming weeks and has retired from Fox News, where he was a commentator, effective immediately.

“I appreciate the board initiating a process that affords me a few weeks to set my affairs in order, and I am eager to hit the ground running as the new NRA President,” North said in a statement.

North, 74, worked on the staff of the National Security Council in the Reagan White House when some within the administration arranged to sell U.S. arms to Iran in exchange for hostages and diverted part of the proceeds from those sales to help Nicaraguan contra forces. That type of aid was banned by Congress.

Lt. Col. Oliver North is sworn in before the Iran Contra Committee before his testimony on July 7, 1987. (Lana Harris/AP)

North was convicted in 1989 of charges including obstructing Congress, unlawfully mutilating government documents and taking an illegal gratuity. He was fined $150,000 and was given a three-year suspended sentence and two years’ probation.

Oliver North named president of the National Rifle Association

These are people who care nothing about the future of the US as long as they get to play with their toys. They'd even name a corrupt, convicted felon/arms trafficker from the Reagan era as their head.

Last edited:
At the time of the Iran-Contra hearings an enterprising manufacturer produced Oliver North dolls. They did not sell and were repurposed as Gorbachev dolls. If the NRA think they will get a public boost from having him as president they may be very mistaken.

I like guns I’d have an arsenal if I could afford to .
But they are weapons and should be controlled the US fetishising of firearms and blatant disregard of even the most basic safety rules is :facepalm:.

Ollie north I backed drug dealers by selling guns to Islamic fundamentalists :confused:

Back
Top Bottom